Search results

1. H

HELP!! Emergency! Digital Thermometer/ Battery Fell Into Tank

I'm really in need of some advice here. I am in the process of setting up a reef tank. I do not have any live rock in yet. I am also establishing a refugium that I initially seeded with 120 lbs of live sand and has been in the process of cycling. I normally have the two connected via a pump and...
  2. H

Plumbing Question - Refugium Return - Preventing Impeller Shredding

I'm somewhat of a newbie when it comes to reefkeeping and am about to receive a 130D. In the meantime I am working on setting up an above tank refugium. The refugium has been drill with a small overflow and I want to return a 1 inch gravity fed return tubing line to the tank. My question is how...
  3. H

Use for the 130d Stock Skimmer

I'm relatively new to the forum and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my 130D. In the meantime, I am in the process of placing a gargantuan online order for supplies and needed some quick input regarding the stock 130D skimmer. I went ahead and bought a Tunze skimmer upgrade, but I was...
  4. H

Starting New- Fresh Uncured Live Manado and Cycling Idea

Hi Everyone, I'm just prepared to start my first reef aquarium (I used to have a fish only years ago) with a Red Sea Max 130D. Right now it's on back for two weeks. :( I live in Maryland, so if anyone has some MD specific answers (like live rock rock sources) that would be great!! So here...