Search results

1. H

Whats dropping my pH?

I've got a dilemma on hand guys and hopefully somebody could help. I've got my fish in my 75g until my 125g is up and running. The problem I am having is my pH keeps dropping quickly, like down to the 7.5 range. I keep adding Kent SuperBuffer dKH to raise it but it keeps dropping. On my last...
  2. H

hooked82's 125g experience

Well I finally have a little down time before I get a friend over tomorrow to help get the tank on the stand. Once I get the tank on, I can finalize the plumbing, glue it all together and get some water going. Here's a little info on the tank and gear: Equipment: 125g Reef Ready with corner...
  3. H

Large Tang ID Please?

Well I purchased my new tank from a guy and this was the only fish that either him or I couldnt name. He wasnt sure so thats where you guys com in. What kind of tang/surgeonfish is this? I make the deduction that its a tang only due to its shape and the marking by the back fin like all tangs...
  4. H

Opinion on Plumbing Design

Well guys, this is going to be my new setup. Its a 125 gallon RR all glass tank, with overflows in both corners. 2 pipes in each overflow. I plan on going 1 return and 1 outlet per box, so 2 returns, 2 outlets. I plan on using either 1" or 1-1/4" rigid pvc all around, would like some...
  5. H

Thats it, I'm done!!

With my current setup. No way I would get out of this hobby this easily. So here's my dilemma. I jumped into this SW tank too quickly. I got a complete setup for $50 from somebody on CL, 75g acrylic with internal overflow, wet/dry sump, single bulb fluorescent, solid oak stand, and a couple...
  6. H

Live Sand Question/Concern

Well I bought 120lb live sand and 120lb. live rock for my 75g tank. I bought it from a guy that had it in his tank for about a month and switched to finer white sand(so I was told). I am restarting my tank after learning a lot more, so everything is in a seperate tank until this will cycle...
  7. H

Anybody done business with fishsupply.com?

I am currently searching for a good place online to purchase an ASM G2. I came across this site and they have a sale right now for the G2 at $239 and the G3 for $269. Since the G3 would be what I am looking to spend on the G2 I will upgrade for the same price. What I am wondering is if it is...
  8. H

Need Help With ID..Tulip Anenomes or Majano?

So I have done quite a bit of searching and have seen pictures of Majano that look like other pictures the people say are Tulip Anenomes, etc. etc. Maybe I didnt look in the right spot so I was hopeing I could get some help. I am buying 100lbs. of Fiji LR from a guy on Saturday($2.50/lb. so...
  9. H

Yep I'm A Newb!

Well I recently picked up a saltwater tank, in which my original plans were to convert it to a saltwater tank for a largemouth bass tank(baby). I set it up after I purchased it to not kill what little semi live rock and fish that were in there to sell. But after having it setup and looking at...