Search results

1. P

What Magnesium test kit do you use?

Started with Elos then went to Salifert. Liked Salifert better. Thought about trying Red Sea but got really comfortable with salifert. I think they both are close enough accurate for hobby grade. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. If you feel like counting drops and doing math maybe...
  2. P

lighting

I do. My T5's come on an hour before the MH's and off 1 hour after the MH's.
  3. P

My 6 gallon Fluval Edge build

Since you started with established LR you may not experience a cycle. Nice tank.
  4. P

Hi

Thanks all. Yes, def going to start a thread. New tank already purchased, just waiting to take down Xmas stuff, repaint living room then will start.
  5. P

Water changes

Always turn off pump before WC's. The overflow box will retain enough water to keep the tube submerged and therefore no siphon break. I have never lost a siphon due to WC's.
  6. P

Water changes

Why is it breaking your siphon? You do use an overflow box? I do all my WC's thru my sump. I use a MJ1200 with a hose and first stir up the debris in my sump then pump the water from sump to bucket (keeps my sump really clean) then just pump new water back into sump. I don't need a heater for...
  7. P

Hi

Just joined and wanting to introduce myself. Currently running a 29 but upgrading to a 53 after the holidays. Started about 2 years ago with an AP 24 then a standard 29 for the last 8 months.