Search results

1. G

are my clowns infertile?

i was thinking to do that also to the eggs but the problem is, theyre laying the eggs per 1-2 pieces only then eat then lay again one or two eggs then eat. they dont lay a lot then eat. thats the problem. I have heard that they do this normally for the first to 3rd batch. if they still eat the...
  2. G

are my clowns infertile?

yes! they are laying. after every 2 eggs laid, they will eat them then lay again :( and yes they have been doing this ever since. This is the first time i saw them do it but probably they do it every time. now i see LOTS of white dots in the pot. so if they dont eat the eggs, i will have lots of...
  3. G

are my clowns infertile?

Now I have seen the pair that has been trying to lay eggs for quite a while now and all i see are white dots. This is what I saw while theyre doing it. Theyre doing the normal "passing" on the pot, female first, then the male "tries" to pass to the eggs too. For every pass, I saw the female lay...
  4. G

are my clowns infertile?

What I mean about too clean is that I remove almost all the algae in the tank but yes I still see pods in the tank. I do regular water exchanges and I syphon the bottom daily. The white stuff I see is like a mat. Just white dots that look like dried liquid paper on a paper. Only 1 pair does that...
  5. G

are my clowns infertile?

it has been a few months ago but still all my pairs are not yet breeding. i stopped feeding them brine shrimp and mysis so I can remove the idea of them having egg bound. but still no luck. i feed them lots of flakes and pellets. I have a friend that has a breeding pair. here are their babies. I...
  6. G

are my clowns infertile?

thanks i appreciate all the suggestion. we just have to wait and see. lights arent too bright because i just use 1 normal t5 bulbs not high output. theyre now trying to eat more. dont know if carbon has something to do with it.
  7. G

are my clowns infertile?

once every 2 weeks i do a general clean up wherein i clean and scrape all the algae that i can get. but before that, i leave the tanks with algae. i just syphon whats on the bottom. about the brines, i use hikari brines. so theyre already gut loaded and i feed those 8 pairs everyday with it 3...
  8. G

are my clowns infertile?

nope! none of the 8 pairs laid eggs for the last 8 months. another fact is that 1 pair i have on that particular setup laid 2x on another tank that is dirty. I saw eggs that time. After i have transfered them here on this nice setup, they never laid eggs. they were eating more on the dirty old...
  9. G

are my clowns infertile?

yes shrimp tails make their egg cases stronger. but i already feed them mysis + brine shrimps everyday. now i added ebiko eggs daily instead of 2-3x a week. they love that stuff. im just guessing theyre sub adults so hopefully theyre just trying to practice how to breed and eventually will be...
  10. G

are my clowns infertile?

the white stuff that i saw from previous spawns are gone. theyre always cleaning the pot. the white stuff is like the adhesive they use for the eggs to stick on the pot. ill take a picture when they lay those again. right now, ive changed their diet and hopefully theyre eating more and hope...
  11. G

are my clowns infertile?

commercial purposes, not yet. but i have raised some babies ( around 20% survival only ) up to 1.5 months then suddenly they all died. that was 2 years ago. now, i have around 25 babies that are around 20 days. theyre all doing good and hopefully nobody dies. i expected that the babies were...
  12. G

are my clowns infertile?

this is basically my setup: here is the pair thats been failing on hatches. they ate a lot a while ago and is doing normally and i dont see any bloated stomach anytime except after heavy feedings these are some of the pairs that has not yet laid eggs the female is a picasso and...
  13. G

are my clowns infertile?

thanks guys. but i doubt she has that egg bound disease. her stomach isnt bloated and she looks normal and are always happy looking. her stomach does get bloated only before trying to put up a nest and after eating but early morning her stomach is empty and after a few hours of eating. im going...
  14. G

are my clowns infertile?

the stomach is not that swollen but its a little bulked before laying eggs. im not sure if shes just full or theyre eggs. they were the same size when i paired them and now the other one is larger than the other. that will be my last resort, to break them but not yet. its already been 8 months...
  15. G

are my clowns infertile?

by the way, i have tried the florida aqua farms gelly belly food mix recently. problem is, most of them dont like it. i put very little of it and most of the clowns dont seem to like it and just tear them to small pieces and leave them. im not sure why. i even bought the raw materials of...
  16. G

are my clowns infertile?

yes they act normally. in fact, they are the ones that are more active than the rest of the pairs. some of them even lie down to 1 side of the aquarium and that is strange. still trying to figure out why hes doing that. i will post pics on my setup soon. yes, i have seen a lot of expriences...
  17. G

are my clowns infertile?

I have a true perc male and a black ice clown female pair. they have been together for a year now and they have laid 3x already. and these 3 lays, i only saw 3 eggs on the first batch and after a few hours, its gone and i only see white dots on the tile. the 2nd batch was laid a week after. this...
  18. G

hi from the philippines

hello guys! my name is dave. i am a hobbyist and a die hard fan of clownfish breeding. I have been reading doni's breeding for about 2 years now and have started my own breeding system a year ago. I was into reefing 3-5 years ago but now my passion is on breeding. I would like to follow on the...