Search results

1. C

Vortech MP10 issue

I am having a problem with my MP10. I keep finding the tank side impeller on the floor of the tank. I put it back and it falls again. Any ideas?
  2. C

Rsm 250 temperature swings

I just recently got a digital thermometer so I have been learning a lot more about temperature swings in my tank. Over the 8 hours the lights are on each day, the temperature increases from 82.5 to 85.1 degrees. Will this have a negative impact on the reef? I was hoping not to invest in a...
  3. C

RSM 250 ATO Recommendations

I am getting ready to upgrade to an automatic top off for my Red Sea Max 250. Can I get some recommendations? Seems I remember someone talking well about the Tunze. Thanks in advance
  4. C

RSM250 Lights Out

I came home tonight to a dark tank in what should have been the middle of the light cycle. They were on when I left. I manually cycled the timer and no lights. I'm thinking maybe the fuse blew. Any other thoughts on how to troubleshoot or has anyone had this come up?
  5. C

Relationship between Ca and Mg

I just started measuring and trying to control Mg in my tank. I am trying to do a better job with Ca, Mg, and dKh because I am moving to LPS. I was at Ca 420 and Mg 1280. Added enough Mg additive to bring Mg to 1300. My next measurement was Ca 480 and Mg 1420. I am using Salifert test...
  6. C

Rsm 250 gfi

I am having trouble getting my RSM on Ground Fault Interrupt, which makes me a little nervous. The wall socket is not a GFI. I purchased a plug in GFI at the home center. Every time the lights come on for the day, it trips the GFI. It is right at the beginning when the lights are dull as the...
  7. C

Green Finger Leather

I have had a green finger leather coral for about 3 months. Occasionally, it will be green for a week but most times it is tan or brown. Sorry have not figured out how to post pictures. I thought it might be related to water changes but I just changed yesterday and it is brown again...
  8. C

Moving to LPS

I have had my 65 gallon aquarium up for 6 months now. For the most part, corals have done well in the tank. I have about 6 zoos, a mushroom and 3 leathers ( toadstool, finger, and Kenya). A couple xenias have not done well and a birds nest SPS I bought by mistake bleached and died in a month...
  9. C

Purple Heart Zoas not opening

I got about 6 different zoos from an online dealer 3 days ago. All are open, happy, and healthy except for the Purple Heart. It has not opened. It looks healthy but I have not seen any color. Advice? Should I just be patient? Change location?
  10. C

Calcium and alkalinity Control

I am about 6 months into this hobby and am getting serious about calcium and alkalinity control. I am testing with API test kits. Currently Ca is 400 and alkalinity is 14 drops. Trying to raise calcium to 440 and lower alkalinity to 8-12 drops. I had been using Fiji Gold for calcium...
  11. C

RSM 250 Coral Colors

My RSM 250 has been up for 5 months with no major issues. I have 7 corals in it and they seem to be doing well with one issue. Over time, everything is starting to be the same color. Green finger leather, gold banded clove polyp, and blue Xenia all looking healthy, but are a pale shade of...