Search results

1. N

Change all tubing yearly?

My RSM 250 is 1 year old now ( woohoo!) , the right pump is connected to a chiller using clear vinyl tubing. Actually everything is the same, also to the pumps, with 2 hose clamps on each end. I was told to change the tubing once a year to prevent disasters, at the same time disassemble and...
  2. N

Modding the fliptop on RSM 250

This might be a stupid question, but has anybody tried to alter the fliptop on the 250? It looks like a wasted area, I never use it to put my testing equipment on it. With my 2 left hands I probably will knock it in the tank. But has anybody cut out the bottom, put an automatic feeder in...
  3. N

?How to treat bryopsis

I have a bryopsis problems for months. It seems the only way to take careof it is manually remove it weekly. I have been reading up on it, and one of the recs is to increase your magnesium level to 1600 or higher. I have been gradually adding more and more Mg to the tank without results...
  4. N

Anybody has experience with the Lifereef for RSM 250?

I guess I am doing this backwards, I ordered a custom sump and refugium from Life Reef, after looking for a replacement of the stock skimmer. Then I found this forum dedicated to RSM owners, It looks like a lot of people have ordered this setup in the past and in the near future. The feedback...
  5. N

My 7 Months old RSM 250

Hi fellow reefers cum addicts, I put this picture on the full tank pictures thread, and was asked by Glenn to put it here. I will follow up with more details on the tank inhabitants any comments and suggestions are welcome
  6. N

SKimmer blowing bubbles

My skimmer on the RSM 250 started blowing bubbles yesterday. I took the skimmer out and gave it a good cleaning, put it back in but it still gives off fine bubbles anybody have any suggestions how to fix it? thanks! established APril 2012.