Search results

1. K

RSM 250 micro bubbles/chiller

Hello all, I had two questions about my RSM 250 that I needed advice with. 1.) The skimmer is producing lots of tiny micro bubbles that are bouncing around in the display. I'm not sure how to fix the issue and I was looking for advice on how to correct it. I have the stock sponge placed...
  2. K

SSA ES2 cone skimmer (300g rated)

I added 3 small chromis and 1 baby regal tang on friday and this is what I got for 3 1/2 days of skimming. I definetly would recommend this skimer to others, very happy with the end result. And this should conclude my review on it.
  3. K

Here's a picture of my collection cup with 5 days worth of skimmate, bare in mind this is on a 75g DT with only 3 fish. I'm picking up 4 new fish tomorrow so I'm expecting this skimmer to really start working once I get them in the tank. Will post update once the new fish have been in the tank...
  4. K

Update on the skimmer: I've got the skimmer some what tuned and it's producing a foam head no problem, but It's only pushing the foam into my collection cup a little bit after feeding so I'm going to purchase more fish since I only have 3 in my 75g DT so that way I can get the skimmer to be...
  5. K

This guy is skimmimg like a beast coming up on the 48 hour mark, he's collected about an inch of green skimmate. He broke in yesterday it seems, and now I'll be tunning the skimmer for a more wet skim over the cours of the next week and a half or however long it takes to get tuned in. But so far...
  6. K

tunze 9006 skimmer (158g rated)

Putting my Tunze 9006 up for sale since I bought a bigger skimmer for my next tank. Skimmer is only 6 1/2 months old and does it's job really well and can fit in the tightest of places, mine inculdes the in sump attachments but I still have all the parts for running as in tank skimmer with no...
  7. K

It's like christmas when I get something such as a nice new skimmer. So far the skimmer has produced a half inch of skimmate, when I noticed this I made sure to close the adjuster all the way so I don't wake up to over flowing skimmer. It's already got some foam in the neck, and I'm just going...
  8. K

I received my skimmer about an hour and a half ago. First impressions: the skimmer was packaged well enough and not in some dinky fashion, Easy assembly, directions are straightforward enough to follow. Now that the skimmer is assembled I must say it's a very solid piece of equipment, and...
  9. K

I'm super excited for my new skimmer that will be arriving this friday, I wanted a more powerful skimmer that would be okay to keep if I were to upgrade to a larger tank and I ended up settling on SSA ES2 cone skimmer (rated for 300g). After talking to Seas side aquatics via e-mail to help make...
  10. K

I'm joining!

Thanks for the thread link, I'll pick up some medications for treating bacterial infections today. I'm just not sure how he even got the disease after being very healthy for 2 months.
  11. K

I'm joining!

They are great fish but I'm sad to say that yesterday after 2 months of being very healthy he's showing the symptoms of the blue spot disease. He's detoriating very quickly and from what i've read it's hopeless to treat and the usually pass after 24-48 hours. I'm really confused how after 2...
  12. K

My 75 Gallon Reef Adventure....So Far!

LPS prefer low to medium lighting so I think your right on par for LPS (no pun intended). Only acros would need more light than that probably, but with the right placement acros might even be do able. I personally like a more blue look so I'd go with mainly blue bulbs, and I think the bluer t5...
  13. K

Coral vitamins & amino acids

fuel by aquavitro, my corals love it. And you can get the big bottle that's not to expensive and lasts a good long while.
  14. K

My 75 Gallon Reef Adventure....So Far!

Looking good, I too have a 75g tank and your DIY sump looks far better than mine! If you made that sump yourself my hat's off to you because it looks gorgeous and looks very well thought out. What's your plans for lighting? And what kind of coral will be the tanks primary focus? keep up the...
  15. K

Jebao wp40 review

I'm upgrading to a 300g mixed reef that's primary focus will be SPS. Flow is a huge factor for this tank. I was faced with the decision of either paying $750 for one pump and needing two of them (a.k.a. two mp60's) which is how much flow that will be required. Or giving the under dog's a chance...
  16. K

rsm 130d for sale: led's/tunze 9002/media rack

No sorry, a fellow from tennessee came and picked it up. But if your looking for led modding to your system I might be able to help you out.
  17. K

I'm joining!

Just thought I'd up date and let yall know that I decided on the name lil' G cuz he a little gangster! He's doing super well, eating like a pig and continuing to build borrows all over the place. To keep him happy I took my new frag saw and cut up a bunch of small rubble for him to use. He...
  18. K

Building LED's for the RSM club

I build LED setups for my local reef club and thought I would offer the same to the RSM club. For those that have a RSM 130d or 250 I'm offering LED setups like steve's led's except if you want to take it a step further such as a controller or different brand of LED's or adding in my favorite...
  19. K

I'm joining!

Still haven't named him but he's doing great, eating and looking really healthy. He's got a lot of character to say the least. He muscles my big fish around when it comes to feeding.
  20. K

Looking for "Polished" water

run the pump in NTM (nutrient transport mode) for 1-3 days. Will take care of your problem as that mode is designed to knock debris into the air and then go into a second phase where it pushed debris to the overflow.