Search results

1. reefguy

DIY CSXC type Chiller

Hey everyone, I figured I would share what I have playing around with for a few days. I have a 8 gallon bio cube that is up and running but since it's summer and I am in NYC I don't want to spend an arm and leg on a chiller and then it's 40$ a month power bill.... So I came across the CSXC-1...
  2. reefguy

Red Sea Max 130d

Hey everyone, figured I would post this here and give a real good deal to people who I know will use this tank correctly like I have. Its a great system and I love it but it's time to sell it because I am moving to a smaller place in Manhattan. Tank is currently located in queens/astoria. If...
  3. reefguy

Removing the center brace on a tank

So I was wondering if I removed the center brace from the middle of a 65 gallon tank and replace it with 2 braces on each side will that work just as well? I would glue them about 8 inches in on each side to provide the extra strength needed to prevent bowing. I also would use acrylic...
  4. reefguy

What is my urchin doing?

What is the white stuff coming from the top of it? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. reefguy

75 gallon drilled aquarium in dc

Hey everyone I have this posted locally but figured I would share it here as well. I am selling my 75 gallon drilled tank with everything. I'm looking for $600 or obo Sump, lights, pumps, skimmer. Basically everything to run a tank. If you are interested let me know and I can give you the...
  6. reefguy

Reefguy's RSM 130d Build

Hey everyone, I figured I would start this new tank thread for my RSM 130d. So first off, I got this tank used for $260. Everything looks great and as far as I can tell its all working. It came with the upgraded return pump rather then using 2. I'm in the process of getting it setup now and...
  7. reefguy

Redsea max new tank

About to buy a redsea max 130d for 260$ Good buy?
  8. reefguy

Taking WYSIWYG Photos

I am not sure this is the right sport for the topic but I wanted to see if anyone had any info on how to take such great underwater pictures of your corals. Any help would be great thanks!
  9. reefguy

Corallife 50/50 compact

Do you think 3 of the mini 50/50, actinic, 10,000 will take care of a 5 inch deep DIY frag tank filled with mushrooms? If not any suggestions. Thank you
  10. reefguy

Frag baskets

So I wanted to ask and see what people thought about this idea. I want to get or make some baskets that I can float in my 120 and load up with different nems/mushrooms/leathers and so on. I was wondering what everyone thinks of the idea. Makes everything easy to keep track off while I sell...
  11. reefguy

WTB 40 Gallon Breeder

I am in the DC/VA/MD and I am looking for two 40 gallon breeders. If you have one for sale in the area please PM me or leave a message here. Thank You
  12. reefguy

Are these bad?

So I was doing my nightly check of my tank and I came across 2 of these. What are they and are they bad? Thanks.
  13. reefguy

Cloudy water! Plz HELP

So to sum this up fast I have some sort of a bacteria bloom. I had a sea slug get trapped in a power head and obviously died. I did not realize it for about 9 hours cause it happened while I was asleep. Needless to say I have detritus all over the tank and can't get rid of it. I have a 50 micron...
  14. reefguy

My SPS has stopped growing

So I have had great growth on my SPS corals and then just one day it stopped and some Of my acros show signs of bleaching. Now my concern is that this all happened when I replaced my T5s. I have checked all my params and they are 0. calc is at 420 dkh 9 mag is 1376. So if anyone has some...
  15. reefguy

5,10,15,20 Ricordea Mushroom Packs

Hey everyone. I normally sell on ebay with great results, but wanted to expand to you guys not to mention the fees kill me. I am selling FL Ricordeas that are beautiful in color. I have 5,10,15,20 packs for sale so feel free to ask if interested. The prices are flexable if you pic them up...
  16. reefguy

55 gallon tank/stand/filter

I have a 55 gallon tank and stand and filter currently up and running. I am letting it go for 250 which is a great deal and I will help you move it. Message me if interested. I am in the DC/VA/MD area.
  17. reefguy

Snowflake Eel MD/DC/VA Area

I have a awesome snowflake eel that is around 18" in length for sale. It is currently in the metro DC area. Asking $30 for it.
  18. reefguy

Mushrooms.

How long can they stay in a bag after shipping? Do you think 32 hours they will be fine?
  19. reefguy

Mini Power Compact

So the question I have is do you think I can run 2 mini power compact 50/50 bulbs to grow or at least keep alive ricordia mushrooms on a 10 gallon? I know they do not require a lot of light. I just need to put all the ricordia's that won't fit in the DT. Thanks for the help.
  20. reefguy

Airstone in hospital tank.

So does it help to have an Airstone in the tank or could it make treatment not as effective?