Search results

1. tekjunkie28

kessil a150w over 30 gallon?

WHat are your opionions of this light and what would I beable to grow? Im downsizing from a 75 to a 30.
  2. tekjunkie28

Powerless!!!???

Good luck and good going on that gas. I how it all turns out ok. A battery powered air pump should be a requirement. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  3. tekjunkie28

Powerless!!!???

Just run the power heads and a heater. Keep you gen off as much as possible. Depending on the how much $$ you got in the tank you may have to siphon gas by dropping the tank on your vehicle if u have one. Sounds extreme but you are in an extreme situation. Can someone from out of town bring you...
  4. tekjunkie28

two clowns eaten

1. I have never ever seen or heard of this 2. Why would you put something in your tank that you have no clue what it is. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  5. tekjunkie28

Shaes 55 gallon progressive reef

Seems I have some vermintid snails. What can I do about them? Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  6. tekjunkie28

Matts 500 gallon funhouse

Um, hello? So I go away for a while and matt's thread goes silent??? and i dont even talk that much....
  7. tekjunkie28

led vs mh side by side controlled comparison

yeah Idk where I was going with that burning coral. :confused: I meant to say what was previously corrected by the above poster but I got hung up I guess.
  8. tekjunkie28

True. But even your fixture has a decent amount of spectrum. I would never try to deviate from anything unnatural. I want my corals to be colorful and get as close to the same spectrum of light that they would outside of my tank
  9. tekjunkie28

BRS refractometer

Yeah well can anyone recommend a good salt for mixed reef? My pH is about 7.8 during the day and if. I checked early morning before lights on its about 7.3. I almost have been tempted to check with stand pH test kits just to see if it isn't lower. Alk is about 8.
  10. tekjunkie28

PH and Alkalinity

Yup I knew that. I was thinking of drilling a hole in the wall and running my skimmer air tube out of that.. I heard that can be done but you have to run carbon in line with the skimmer. How or what do I get to hook up so I can do this.
  11. tekjunkie28

BRS refractometer

They are sending me a new one. That was awesome customer service. They don't even want my old one back. My pH has been off ever since I transfered from salinity to IO. Can't figure out y
  12. tekjunkie28

BRS refractometer

Yeah I didn't think about calling them. I'll do that later on and see if I can get a refund or exchange. I have a feeling that it's one reason my corals are mad. At least my candy cane, toadstool and orange plate a mad. 2nd reason is I believe the IO salt is just junk. I read a post somewhere...
  13. tekjunkie28

LEDs are fine but you HAVE to remember that the only LEDs that don't kill coral are the units with multiple colors. I see so many people get the blue and white LED units a day wonder why their coral is dead/burned to a crisp.
  14. tekjunkie28

BRS refractometer

I do and it's off every time I calibrate it. I can check my mix a few times then use it the next day and it's off by about 4 ppt
  15. tekjunkie28

PH and Alkalinity

Okay I'll try that but the skimmer is oxygenation the water... Which should raise pH... Right? Since carbonized acid lowers it.
  16. tekjunkie28

BRS refractometer

Yeah I calibrated with RO and then I calibrated for 35ppt. What's the temp on the calibration fluid mean
  17. tekjunkie28

BRS refractometer

I got this refractometer about a month ago and liked it at the beginning. But now it seems like it won't keep a calibration. Any help or am I doing something wrong. Do I have to recalibrate every time I use it. It is an ATC so temp shouldn't effect it after 45 secs right? Also another thing I...
  18. tekjunkie28

PH and Alkalinity

This is interesting. I recently ran out of seachem salinity salt and switched to IO and my pH has been 7.8 max with the lights on and the best I ever seen it was 8.1. Either its IO interacting with the old salt or just IO and RC period. I'm looking for a new salt after this junk is done.
  19. tekjunkie28

Newbie from VA

Yeah paws is expensive but good selection mostly. There is a place called ultimate aquariums in Daleville just outside of Roanoke. It's a dump but they can order anything and they also do in home things so and I've heard there good though. There is also a place just inside north Carolina called...
  20. tekjunkie28

Newbie from VA

Welcome. What part of VA you from? I'm. Just outside of Roanoke