Search results

1. Singlefin

DIY AquaClear 110 Algae Scrubber

Nice. Following along. Looking to add a scrubber to my tank. Thanks.
  2. Singlefin

FS: NIB Eheim Pumps

$116? PayPal?
  3. Singlefin

Ok. Would be curious to see what USPS costs. For the cost of UPS, it would be as much as It is on Amazon. Thanks.
  4. Singlefin

How much more would it be? Flat rate USPS is about $10. Thanks.
  5. Singlefin

interested in the 1260. $105 shipped to 96734? Do you have all the fittings?
  6. Singlefin

Monti-Cap not Growing

All great suggestions. Get your mag. Within ideal range before truing to raise all and ca. Calcium is low. I try to keep my ca. At 420-450 and everything is growing great. My tank is pretty full. I have 4 montis that grow about an inch a month. Wasnt till i started dosing that i started seeing...
  7. Singlefin

D. J.'s 40 gallon breeder reef

Drill it!! Glass-holes overflow with a 20L sump is my suggestion. Adds water volume for stability, larger fuge, cone skimmer, and makes water changes super easy. Hides equipment. Exactly what you want. Stability and easy. Good luck with your build.
  8. Singlefin

1 Month Old: 40 Breeder Pictures!

Agreed. Dig the ledge. Pretty full for one month. Looks good. Is that an RBTA on the ledge?
  9. Singlefin

Reactors and how they work??

BRS style just use a pump to push water through one or two linked together. I'm running gfo and carbon. Seems to be doing good. Just depends what you are trying to accomplish.
  10. Singlefin

Reactors and how they work??

There's calcium reactors that use co2, which I have no experience with, and BRS style reactors that you can put gfo and carbon in. there's also kalk reactors
  11. Singlefin

Coralife Biocube 29 Questions

Not sure what regular white is, but NW, neutral or natural white, might have better properties and look than cool white. Worth researching.
  12. Singlefin

Sps Question

Yes. Pics would help.
  13. Singlefin

Soldering is very easy. Get a gun, wire and solder and practice. It doesn't take much.
  14. Singlefin

Rapidled.com had a kit. There might be others. Ecoxotic was pretty expensive. I needed lights fast and didn't have experience with LEDs so I went that route. Just another learning experience. My bc29 leaked so I took it down a few months ago.
  15. Singlefin

No. Dimming was fine. I thought I was getting good light till I borrowed a par meter. I had Sps a clam and an rbta. They all didn't grow well. When I put them on my new build they took off. This is my rbta reaching for the light.
  16. Singlefin

I had two white/blues &. A blue/ magenta modules and the tunze 9002 in my bc29. The tunze is good. Better with the airline upgrade. Not much you can fit back there. I wasn't happy with my panorama pros. The three are enough for softies but not Sps and clams. Maybe if you can add 4 but for...
  17. Singlefin

Fragging a Monti Cap

yup. just break off a piece.
  18. Singlefin

LED's = less nuisance algae

I can't imagine its because of the type of light. Maybe more intense than your old light. Or a different lighting schedule?
  19. Singlefin

Why do you ....

My tank sits against the wall, and is painted black, so no need for open viewing space back there. If I had a cube or my tank could be viewed from all sides, I would have the rock in the center.
  20. Singlefin

My Battle - Reef ;) Pics of course :wave:

Looking good. Like the sump area. Packed with good stuff.