Search results

1. M

Vortech mp10 NTM?

Hey all I got a vortech mp 10 and am trying to figure out how to get it in NTM. Any help Mike
  2. M

Any "hang over" led lighting fixtures that are good with the 130?

I am looking to remove my whole hood and would like to use some sort of led fixture that hangs over the tank. Has anyone seen or know of a fixture that would work well with the 130? Thanks
  3. M

recommendation for quiet submersible pump

Hey All, I have added a refugium/sump underneath my 130d. The return pump I have now does the job but has a definite "hum" to it. I am looking to see which brand may be "known" for their quiteness? Any suggestions much appreciated. Mike
  4. M

For those that added a sump/refugium to 130d

Hey all, I am working on adding a refugium under my 130. I will be using an overflow from back sump on tank to get water from tank down to refug. For return, I will be using a mag pump. Should I direct the discharge to main display and keep the powerheads running for more flow in the tank? I...
  5. M

question 130 owners with a sump in bottom

Hey All, I am considering adding a sump underneath my 130d. For those that have done this or seen it done, I am assuming you are using an overflow off the back of tank? If so, can someone recommend a good one for this application? Thx Mike
  6. M

130d overflow and yellow watchman

Hey all Got a problem. I added a yellow watchman goby to 130 last weekend. He is eating and doing great but today for third time, I have found him in the overflow box! Each time I get him back into tank and he goes about his business. Any ideas on how to keep him from taking another dive in...
  7. M

fixture to hold led strips above tank

Hey all, I have a 30 gallon open top reef tank. I have purchased some led strips for it but looking for some sort of device that maybe clamps onto back of tank or similar that allows me to adjust the height above tank I want the leds? I know I have seen some nano tank pics with something...
  8. M

Led's for 30 gallon 30" wide tank

Hey all.. I am hoping someone can point me toward a good LED light set for my 30 gal reef. The tank is 30" wide and I don't use a hood. I know I seen some that somehow clip onto back of tank but elevated above it. I would like a combination of blue/white and just blue.. Thanks in advance Mike
  9. M

Camera help

Hey all, Need some camera advice. I recently switched to led lighting and was wanting to take a FTS with just the blues running.. I quickly found out my iPhone 4s is incapable of this as this is what came out yuk!! Lol So I guess it is time to invest in a camera that will. Can anyone...
  10. M

Any tips for MP10 and rsm 130d?

Hey all, I purchased a mp10 this weekend and have it set up in tank, currently in reef crest mode. I have it centered front to back and about 1/3 way down from top of glass. Being new to mp10's I am interested in making sure I have it set up so that it is giving me its best performance. Am...
  11. M

Mike's rsm 130d tank thread

Hey all, About 6 weeks ago I purchased a rsm 130d to get back in the hobby after a 15 year hiatus! Couldnt be happier that I did, forgot what I was missing :olsmile:. I was about 3 weeks into it before I found this forum so my thread wont be from the very very beginning. Before I start, I...
  12. M

Rsm 130d + euro reef skimmer + intank media basket help

Hey all, I have a 130d and added a euro reef rsm skimmer a week or so ago. I decided to add the intank media basket and doing this makes the outlet on the riser of skimmer butt up against the basket creating back pressure especially with the filter sock on outlet. if I turn outlet 90 degrees...
  13. M

Weird finding on API testing vials

Hey all, I been using the API testing kits that come with the glass vials with the 5ml mark on the vial. Part of my job is running a lab at work place. Instead of using current method of filling to 5ml mark (droppers etc) I decided to make use of a certified pippete from lab. I was a bit...
  14. M

Getting to the hood fans on the 130d

Hey All, I plant to swap out the fans in the 130 hood this weekend. I was searching around without much luck but was hoping someone knew of a thread that shows the best way of accessing them without total disassembly! lol. Any help much apprecaited Mike
  15. M

Tunze 5074 calcium dispenser questions

Hey all, I have the tunze 3155 Ato and was looking at adding the calcium dispenser to it. Curious if anyone is using it out there and if so what are you using in it? Also might be a stupid question but how would I know that it isn't overdosing? Thx in advance Mike
  16. M

Quick question for rsm 130!

Hey all. I am a good hour from my 130 in another town but was hoping to get the measurent (width x length) of the chamber power heads are in. I am wanting to put a chiller pump on bottom and want to make sure it fits. Thx Mike
  17. M

Another jbj chiller question

Hey all. On my mini Artica 1/15 I need the inlet and outlet to be 90 degree fittings instead of straight up. Does anyone know if these fittings can be found at home improvement stores? Or is there such a thing? Thx Mike
  18. M

Looking for external pump

Hi all, I am in need of an exernal pump that is rated for between 110-160gph at 4' head. I been searching several companies only give max flow rate and not a flow chart. I am looking for silent as possible. Hoping someone could point me in the right direction Thx Mike
  19. M

Jbj chiller question

Hi all, I got a jbj mini Arica for my rsm 130. Appears to be easily giving me the temp I am asking for. Thing is say I ask for a temp of 78 degrees. The chiller will stay on until I reach 77 degrees and then will turn off. Then it will wait until it hits 79 before it turns back on and stay...
  20. M

RSM 130d. Any mods I need?

Hi all, Brand new here! After a several year hiatus, I just jumped back in. I recently bought a new 130d. I have it all setup and running with just live rock for cycling. I been reading around and have seen many posts on the 130s. There seems to be a lot of talk on the protein skimmer but not...