Search results

1. ReefApprentice

Whats wrong with my clowns?!

So today I went watching the tank when I noticed a noise that sounded a bit like a woodpecker coming from the tank. I soon then saw my male skunk clown stop swimming for a moment then completely have a head spasm. While he did this the sound was made again. Then the female went up against the...
  2. ReefApprentice

Sump Design Help

So I have been wanting to add a refugeium (around 10 gallons) into my 30 gallon sump. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Here is a diagram of it along with some pictures*.(I suck at drawing so please excuse the poor quality of it :/ ). I would like to organize this to be able to fit a...
  3. ReefApprentice

The 8 gallon adventure

Well me and my dad have been talking about a small coral or predator tank. So we recently (yesterday) went out to up grade the small 2 gallon system that only houses a single CC starfish. I plan to add a fudge to my 90 to make room for the CC star so it wont wreak the new coral tank. But we are...
  4. ReefApprentice

Other hobbies

What hobbies do you enjoy other than the reefing? My other hobby is camping because I enjoy being under the stars and being in nature.
  5. ReefApprentice

Asterna control -_-

Well i just got back from a weekend campout and have discovered that about 1 dozen asterna on my rastas(well now its just 1 rasta :/. )I am wondering what will control:poof: or eat them?I ave read about harlquians eating the, but i am afraid they wont do well in my tank.If there is a alernative...
  6. ReefApprentice

Coral bond gel

Has anyone ever used Dr.G's Coral bond gel?i was thinking of gluing down some of my new frags
  7. ReefApprentice

vodka dosing

So i have been hearing recently that you can dose your tank with vodka.But i have a few questions 1 so what does it do for your tank? 2 wouldnt it get the fish drunk? 3 how exactly does it work out in the long run?
  8. ReefApprentice

Hydor Koralia Nano 240 Aquarium Circulation Pump 240

Anyone have experince with these?I was looking to get one to improve the flow in a pico tank.
  9. ReefApprentice

Quick setup?

Ok so at coralcon my dad got a abuoslety stunning mated pair of large(2-1 1/2inch)Harlequin Shrimp.I was wondering if i could set up a small tank (a nano 2 gallon setup) to keep the cholocate chip starfish in.My dad also came back from the lfs with 2 stars.I was wondering what filteration this...
  10. ReefApprentice

march photos

We need to get a photo of da month going again sooo why not.Lets have nanoreefingforfun chose the topic for this month :rainbow:
  11. ReefApprentice

Favorite fish

Everyone has a favorite fish they have or want.Show off your favorite fish here ,tell us why it is your favorite fish and a pic if possible.Any type of fish are accepted.Just to name a few. Angelfish Angler fish Anthias Basslets Batfish Blennies Boxfish Butterflyfish...
  12. ReefApprentice

what is this?

So i Come home from school and find my clam on its side and wha tlooks like its foot popped out>What is it?!?
  13. ReefApprentice

Ducans,Trumpets,Blasto`s, and Candy Canes

I was thinking about geting 2 of these corals but I`m not sure which 2.Which grows the fastest,is the easiest to matain and dosent require feeding?
  14. ReefApprentice

Macna 2013

Soooo me and my dad just got back from the LFS and i got a Reef Hobbyist magazine.And I noticed a ad for MACNA 2013 and its apprently being hosted in hollywood,FL. here is the site: - MACNA 2013
  15. ReefApprentice

Rogue pepermints

For those of you who have read my other thread "Help my acans arent doing soo good" i about 9 minutes ago discovered what has my acan closed up for a few days...my stupid rogue perpermint shrimp.:cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin:I put a small cup over the acan to protect it and i was wondering if...
  16. ReefApprentice

Help my acan isn`t doing so good

So i just got home from my friends house and a new years party to find my acan all deflated into its skeleton and one new polpy looks likes it melted.help i have no idea what is happening to it!
  17. ReefApprentice

Jawfish question

I just returned from one of my LFS and they had a wonderful little dusky jawfish.I was wondering if you can keep two jawfish in 1tank.The tank size in question is a 90 gallon.Would it be able to work?My current jawfish is a 4 inch bullseye jawfish.
  18. ReefApprentice

polyp question

Ok so I have been pondering this for quite a while and i just cant seem to find a answer.So here is the question:If each polyp on a zoo or play is a seprate animal then is a head or (chalice term) eye an indvial animal or are they one large colony animal?Also is a ducan,torch,or candy cane head...
  19. ReefApprentice

Clam shrimp?

Hello there.just got back form a thailand-singapore trip and noticed a small 1/2 inch clea with purple spots on my larger of the two clams hanging around the end with the sipon.I have no idea how it got in the tank .Ive been gone for 3 weeks also just bought 2 mexican turbos.c ant imagine it...
  20. ReefApprentice

Need Help to ID these Fish for Aquarium

Hi All, I am underwater photographer, need to know what kind of fish these are to ID for an Aquarium. Please see link and reply if ya can help out. Both were taken in Caribbean waters. One is Angelfish, and other are wrasse... Thanks Rich My ID book did't help out. see link...