Other hobbies

ReefApprentice

What hobbies do you enjoy other than the reefing? My other hobby is camping because I enjoy being under the stars and being in nature.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
My other "hobby" is eating right & staying motivated to exercise 4 or 5 days of the week.
As a former weight watchers leader & 10 year lifetime member it's still a struggle for me sometimes.
It's not really a hobby but it's an important part of my daily life. Nothing better than feeling HEALTHY & Fit.
Good topic....who's next....tell us something else YOU do. :D

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
My other "hobby" is eating right & staying motivated to exercise 4 or 5 days of the week.
As a former weight watchers leader & 10 year lifetime member it's still a struggle for me sometimes.
It's not really a hobby but it's an important part of my daily life. Nothing better than feeling HEALTHY & Fit.
Good topic....who's next....tell us something else YOU do. :D

Good for you. That's impressive. I'm currently "on a program" and so far so good. Trying to re-train my brain how to eat and WHEN to eat is a lot of work.

My other hobbies:

• A) Aviation (Private Pilot, single engine land)
  • B) RC Planes and helicopters
  • C) Golf
  • D) Travel (love cruising somewhere tropical)
  • E) Camping (trying to camp no less than 40 days this year)
  • F) Just getting started in gardening and composting

There are probably others but I'm exhausted just thinking about it LOL!

theplantman

Where to Start:
Hiking
Camping
Water Gardens/Recreational Landscaping (12 months of blooms)
Disc Golf
Paint Ball
Golf
Fishing
Fly Tying
Anything in the Snow
Music
White water rafting
Hope to start kayaking this year too!

I know, I have way too many.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Many...

but I'll add a couple I that are a bit different & I enjoy ... Home Roasting Coffee :java:

Home Coffee Roasting Supplies - Sweet Maria's

Diving...
sport02.gif
this hobby lead me to getting a swt :dance:

Choff

Nice, I made beer once upon a time, but first I heard of home roasting coffee. Very cool.

Have had a lot of hobbies in my life mostly sports/outdoor related with computer gaming ever present. These days my personal hobbies are Reefing, PC gaming and just got back into playing hockey twice a week. Most of my time thoough involves my kids. I coach baseball, lacrosse, soccer and in the winter I spend an inordinate amount of time maintaining a fine sheet of ice in the back yard hockey rink. My kids are now getting to the age where I can start to do the things with them that I did before I was married like mountain biking, rock climbing, white water rafting and camping. Hopefully I can still do them. :D

lbiminiblue

What hobbies do you enjoy other than the reefing? My other hobby is camping because I enjoy being under the stars and being in nature.

fishing fishing fishing fishing and more fishing. Unfortunately the actual "fishing" doesn't happen half as often as I wish. But I almost caught my first sailfish a while ago. Funny how a reefer is also a fisher and spearfisher. Don't forget airsoft, and sorry to you upnortherners, nothing to do with snow. I can't stand it. Pretty much anything with the ocean is fine by me. I've got a few stories if any of you have a mind to hear them.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
I used to have a long list of outdoor activities, like ultimate frisbee, softball, tennis, downhill skiing. I've been a backpacker/hiker/camper all my life... until my back pain started... and then I found out that my discs were deteriorating and my backpacking days were over. Boo.

Now, I put my time towards my fish tanks, travel, scrapbooking and online gaming. I'm an avid World of Warcraft player along with my husband.

Oxylebius

Scuba diving, gardening, and swimming. Unfortunately, the scuba diving has lessened over the years by not living near the coast...

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
My newest hobby is changing diapers! I love to tinker though (not as much as PaulB). My problem with hobbies is that I want to do everything top notch and that gets expensive so it limits what I can do :)

Nice fun cars though, is that a super beetle?

Choff

DI that is awesome! You know you need to paint it orange though right?

...stupid auto correct

Paul B

I could not list my hobbies here as there are just to many starting with looking at my feet. I love designing things and re designing mechanical things as most things seem to have been designed by Jibonies.
I like to paint, models, scenery, Sesame Street, Bridget Bardot etc. Love working with copper, fountains that do all sorts of things. Amphipod collecting is a no brainer and sloshing around in a salt water tide pool is my thing. As a matter of fact, I just came back from there. Boating, Ahh boating, that is my favorite. Inventing, just love to invent. Give me a piece of wood, tin can, a hermit crab and 2 onions and I will build you a flat screen TV. If it's a blue leg hermit crab I will make it in blue ray and HD. I have been retired for 5 years and so far have never turned on a TV in the day time. There is just to many fun things to do. Start a cold water aquarium and collect the animals. Go to the sea with a 30' two man net and collect seahorses and pipefish. Snorkel with diamond backed terripins in a salt marsh. How cool is that?
I get up at 5 or 5:30 every day and first go to the gym to swim laps. Not as much exercise as Diana though. By the way Diana, nice car and you look like a Supermodel in it.
Building miniatures, love that. I had a broken leg once and made miniatures of peoples houses complete with real stone fireplaces, place settings, Christmas trees and all. The houses were about 6" wide. Love that. :rolleyes:
Gardening, Love that, I grow my vegetables hydroponically in a system I designed with pumps, very cool. All my landscaping is Japanese. I built it all as that is one of my hobbies. SCUBA diving, wow I really love that. I have my own boat and equipment and have been lobstering and shipwrecking for 40 years. I really love that. I just wish I didn't have to sleep because that is one thing I hate as it is so unproductive.

Grand Kids, really love them, and making their room fit them perfectly

Building mobiles for them, they really love that.

I feel so sorry for people who don't have any hobbies, I know quite a few people like that and they think I am nuts.

Playing Santa at Childrens hospitals. I hate that but it makes me feel really good after I do it. I don't hate playing Santa, I hate it that there are so many very sick kids.

Eating clams and oysters on the half shell. OK not really a hobby, but for me it is a part of my life.

Just got to love SCUBA

Traveling, who doesn't like to travel? Tahiti with my main squeeze.

Our ride in Tahiti

Making wine, I love that. How could you not like making wine?

Spending the summers hanging out behind my boat with my best, lifelong friends. My boat is the smaller one and that is not me in the water, but my wife is there.

I guess I will stop now as I get carried away.

lbiminiblue

speaking of boating, I just uploaded some pictures and videos of my recent Bahamas trip on another thread. You might like it.