Search results

1. S

feeding frozen

All my seahorses eat froze mysis. I start my seahorse babies on it very young. If they are wild caught seahorses you will need to supplement with pods until they switch over and if they switch over. I would start by offering frozen mysis in the water column 30 minutes before offering them live...
  2. S

keeping seahorses with fish and anemones

No, for several reasons. First of all your tang and clown would have everything eaten in the tank before a seahorse could feed. Both of your fish fish have the capability of being aggressive. There would be no defense for the seahorses. It is not reccommended that you mix seahorses with other...
  3. S

Skimmer Opinions

I run an SWC skimmer. LOVE IT! Small footprint and silent!
  4. S

nudibranch - friend or foe for reef tank

I would take him back just to be safe:)
  5. S

Bristle Worms: out or in?

I have seahorses so I have to get rid of the large ones. The smaller ones I don't mind. They do a fantastic job cleaning. The little bristle traps do a fantastic job of getting rid of them.
  6. S

I'm stuck!!!

My coral beauty was always very well behaved! It's the blennies that had nipping issues in my tank.
  7. S

Mixing saltwater, can I do it in the tank? (55 gallon)

The salinity will stay the same without the rock. We placed our rock and sand in the tank and slowly filled the tank.
  8. S

Food for a yellow tang

My tang loved sheets of algae wrapped around a rock or on a seaweed clip.
  9. S

leave it or nuke it?

emerald crab!
  10. S

Peppermint shrimp? More like Mantis Shrimp

Lol funny story! Good luck catching him!
  11. S

losing fish

Thank you! I am fine tuned to that kind of stuff as of last week. Silicone poisoned all my adult seahorses, corals, snails and even the dang bristle worms! Ran upon the carbon information during my personal melt down:(
  12. S

can i handle an octopus?

Lol...so true. I worked in a fish store when I was a teenager. We had a octopus that we could not keep in his tank. He snacked very well at night and we had to hunt him in the morning. Couldn't get rid of the thing fast enough!
  13. S

Seahorse tank build help wanted.

Just a couple of adult seahorses can decimate your pods VERY, VERY quickly, especially on a tank that size. An adult erectus male can reach a good 7' and eat alot. Your horses will need to be fed at least twice a day to insure that they are getting enough to eat. The refugium is a fantastic idea...
  14. S

Hi from Spokane

This is a small group of the batch about a month ago.
  15. S

losing fish

Here's a thought...What kind of carbon are you running? Kent Reef Carbon is on recall and people have been losing fish because of it.
  16. S

Hi from Spokane

Hi to all! I'm Stacy from Spokane, WA. I've had a beautiful reef tank and now my focus is on seahorses. I've been quite successful in the trails and errors of raising erectus fry. Currently finding homes for my brood of 70:) Looking forward to joining the forum!
  17. S

Hi! Wondered onto your ad. Do you still have a Tyree toadstool, Palau and a Long polyp...

Hi! Wondered onto your ad. Do you still have a Tyree toadstool, Palau and a Long polyp toadstool? Is your pulsing sinularia on the pink side color wise? Beautiful frags! Thanks, Stacy