Search results

1. catty

New and moving into corals... also stocking level ok?

Hi! I'm fairly new to SW fish keeping (well a little over a year I guess but that's still new), and have been reading everything I can get my hands on and already LOVE the hobby. For a while I was not sure about adding corals (other than some mushrooms and 2 RBT anemones that actually came as...
  2. catty

Is this Lympho? White growth on trigger's dorsal fin

Hi all, I need help determining whether this is lymphocystis on my small clown triggerfish or whether this is something I need to treat aggressively. Please see pics... as far as backstory goes, got this little guy fairly recently, QTed him and all was well, and then after a week or so in DT I...
  3. catty

Needs of an RBTA and an acan coral?

I'm a little confused here so I figured I'd post this question and see if anyone else can figure this out. I have a new marine tank cycled with lots of live rock from a well established marine tank (6+ years old). When I bought the LR (on craigslist), there was a small anemone attached to one...
  4. catty

Fake corals for my SHOWLR

I suppose this question is not necessarily seahorse-specific, but I am asking in regards to a tank that I am setting up to be a SHOWLR with 2 pair of H. erectus. Anyone know a really good place to get some fake corals (most importantly ones that seahorses will like to use as hitching posts)...
  5. catty

Feeding a RBTA and LPS coral (Acan brain coral)

Hi, I'm new to coral keeping and have acquired an RBTA from an established tank and a LPS Acan Brain Coral. The anemone has been in the tank about a month and is flourishing and growing rapidly, so I'm not too worried about supplementing its diet (I give it 1/2 a defrosted raw table shrimp twice...
  6. catty

Just starting up a 60g SW... q about lighting and algae

Hello all! New to the forum and SW keeping in general... began planning a conversion of my 60 gallon FW tank some time ago, and this past week I finally put the plan into action. It is now my first day with the tank "up and running," and by that I mean not with fish but with 13 lbs of live...
  7. catty

New here

Hello, just dropping in to say that I'm new here... also new to SW fish keeping (though I've done FW for while now). Just wanted to join a place where everyone is as crazy about developing a reef tank as I am :laugh: -Sarah