Search results

1. catty

New and moving into corals... also stocking level ok?

Thanks! I just got the corals this afternoon and acclimated them during my lunch break from work... I'll post some pics later and update on how they are doing.
  2. catty

New and moving into corals... also stocking level ok?

Hi! I'm fairly new to SW fish keeping (well a little over a year I guess but that's still new), and have been reading everything I can get my hands on and already LOVE the hobby. For a while I was not sure about adding corals (other than some mushrooms and 2 RBT anemones that actually came as...
  3. catty

Is this Lympho? White growth on trigger's dorsal fin

Thanks for the feedback... since that pic was taken the growth has become more 'fluffy'like and has definitely taken on the appearance of lympho, so I'm pretty sure thats what I'm dealing with. If i can get a better pic I'll post it andlot I will give an update on whether things clear up... its...
  4. catty

Is this Lympho? White growth on trigger's dorsal fin

Hi all, I need help determining whether this is lymphocystis on my small clown triggerfish or whether this is something I need to treat aggressively. Please see pics... as far as backstory goes, got this little guy fairly recently, QTed him and all was well, and then after a week or so in DT I...
  5. catty

Needs of an RBTA and an acan coral?

It is receding, and fairly quickly. A lot of the skeleton is showing now.
  6. catty

Also, here is a crappy FTS, but you can very clearly see what the nem looks like in the middle there, and the acan on the left of it (I moved it farther away after the pic was taken... and it looks much worse now than it did in the pic)
  7. catty

-Ah ok sorry I meant to put that in about the lights-- they are T5 HO, 54w bulbs x 4. -The acan is on the bottom of the tank and I have a 60g tall (24" tall) so I don't think that lighting is the issue. I think that the anemone might have been irritating it, but I moved it far from the nem and...
  8. catty

I'm a little confused here so I figured I'd post this question and see if anyone else can figure this out. I have a new marine tank cycled with lots of live rock from a well established marine tank (6+ years old). When I bought the LR (on craigslist), there was a small anemone attached to one...
  9. catty

Fake corals for my SHOWLR

I suppose this question is not necessarily seahorse-specific, but I am asking in regards to a tank that I am setting up to be a SHOWLR with 2 pair of H. erectus. Anyone know a really good place to get some fake corals (most importantly ones that seahorses will like to use as hitching posts)...
  10. catty

What does it mean when an anemone flattens out like this

+1 to this.... I used to fret over everything my RBTA did, but it always bounces back. I really wouldn't sweat anything unless it looks like the nem is seriously suffering/dying/turning itself inside-out lol
  11. catty

Feeding a RBTA and LPS coral (Acan brain coral)

That IS a great video. Thanks!
  12. catty

Feeding a RBTA and LPS coral (Acan brain coral)

Hi, I'm new to coral keeping and have acquired an RBTA from an established tank and a LPS Acan Brain Coral. The anemone has been in the tank about a month and is flourishing and growing rapidly, so I'm not too worried about supplementing its diet (I give it 1/2 a defrosted raw table shrimp twice...
  13. catty

Tanks and equipment for sale

Do you still have the 36" coralife light fixture? If so please send me a PM, thanks
  14. catty

Just starting up a 60g SW... q about lighting and algae

Hello all! New to the forum and SW keeping in general... began planning a conversion of my 60 gallon FW tank some time ago, and this past week I finally put the plan into action. It is now my first day with the tank "up and running," and by that I mean not with fish but with 13 lbs of live...
  15. catty

New here

Hello, just dropping in to say that I'm new here... also new to SW fish keeping (though I've done FW for while now). Just wanted to join a place where everyone is as crazy about developing a reef tank as I am :laugh: -Sarah