Search results

1. Lionfish Lair

Our newest guy... R. frondosa

I can't seem to stop collecting Rhinopias. The price was just too good and we had an empty QT. I love how they just fall all over the place. They are not usually as bold as this one is in the video. They are usually a little more stealth and wait for the food to come to them. But this guy is a...
  2. Lionfish Lair

Just had the best reaction.

Had someone in for a little renovation quote when he passed by the 100g with all the lions in it. Of course they all came beating it to the front to beg and the workers eyes almost popped out. Next thing he was calling his walkie talkie guy at another house down the way to come over and look at...
  3. Lionfish Lair

Why a QT is your best bet, but not a sure bet.....

These are 2 different dwarf fuzzies. Placed in a 100g tank on 2/24. They've been in QT since 5/18/2011. Both showing Ich as of 3/10, as you can see in the pics below. The tanksmates already in the tank: Sphex - QT'd since 11/??/2011 Radiata - 5/11/2011 The was sphex first in, then radiata...
  4. Lionfish Lair

Asterinas, the misunderstood star of the hitchhiker world.

Going along, eating their film algae.... film algae we can't see, so we think it's eating what is underneath...... next minute being flushed due to small possibilities.
  5. Lionfish Lair

My Lionfish Lineup.

Bubbles? What bubbles?
  6. Lionfish Lair

Has anyone here built a multi-tank rank ....?

... with common sump. It's hard to find many setups online.
  7. Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair's "Things with Stings"

The Realtor wasn't even outta the house when I started visualizing where my new tank would go. The time had come to build the "Thing with Stings"! We started by ripping apart a perfectly turnkey house.
  8. Lionfish Lair

The Rhinos in my jungle.

Lionfish Lair... Lion's Lair... Jungle.... Rhinos in the jungle. Ok, I never claimed to be successfully witty. As requested in another thread.... a little about the Rhinopias family. Rhinos are considered the Holy Grail fish by many. They have become more accessible to hobbyists and the...
  9. Lionfish Lair

Fronds of macro turn brick red.

Hope y'all don't mind a video. Fast forward to about 40 secs to get past the lions. The fronds on my caulerpa turn brick red. It's not cyano and is not on the macro, but is the macro. This doesn't wash off. I don't see baby red fronds, only green fresh growth, so it must turn later. I'll get in...
  10. Lionfish Lair

Fish Collection.

Anyone on the North West ever scuba to collect their own stock? Like real north. Canada north :-) Can you point me in the direction of local restrictions? Don't need the Po-Po after me.
  11. Lionfish Lair

The fish that started it all. Rhinopias frondosa

We had a couple lions when we walked into a fish store and saw a fish that made our jaw drop. From then on out we were hooked on scorps.
  12. Lionfish Lair

Another intro.

Hi. I'm Renee. Stepping outside my normal stomping grounds. I feel a little out of place, as I don't have a RSM. Seriously, go look at the New Posts. Y'all should be getting money from them for advertisement! I like scorps and lions. Seahorses were my first fish some 15 years ago. Met my...