Search results

1. R

ALK is low. What is best way to dose in order to keep consistent levels?

My tank is few months shy of a yr old. I have virtually no algae problems, coraline and corals grow steadily. I have an AI sol led as my light, oversized skimmer for the tank and I use activated carbon. Today I tested and my alk is low according to the API test kit, at 6. I believe it should be...
  2. R

New Frag Tank Questions and Advice

I just got a 29g biocube on trade for my old T5. I want to turn it into a frag tank but I had a few quick questions. Is it neccessary to cycle a frag tank? Also do I need a skimmer and do I need filtration or can I use macro algaes and activated carbon?
  3. R

Anyone using AI SOL LED Lighting? I have a question...

About 2 months ago I switched over from T5 to LED. I bought an AI SOL White model with the controller. The brightness and shimmer effect is awesome but my corals have mixed reviews. I was curious at what settings/intensities you are running your LED lights at? Mine never hits over 50% at peak...
  4. R

Pest found on zoo's. Dipped and now not opening...can anyone help?

Hi I asked this on another forum but I am quickly realizing how useless they are unless you are part of a "click" there. I have multiple colonies of zoo's and lately they have only partially opened and most stay closed. I thought there may be pest so I did a freshwater dip. After the dip of...
  5. R

Can someone tell me if this is brown jelly disease?

This is my plate coral that lost all flesh about a week ago. Today I noticed my shrimp in it picking nd I found some slimy jelly looking stuff on it and the sand. Anyone know what this could be and if I should take plate out. PS plate is only in there bc someone said they can sometime regrow.
  6. R

Hi......I am a reef addict

I was referred to this site by BigAl, while on another forum which was not so friendly. I figure I need another place to feed my addiction and get/offer advice, plus BigAl seems like a good guy, so here I am. I have a 65g mixed reef tank with 25g sump, LED lighting lots of corals and some...