Can someone tell me if this is brown jelly disease?

reefnrog

This is my plate coral that lost all flesh about a week ago. Today I noticed my shrimp in it picking nd I found some slimy jelly looking stuff on it and the sand. Anyone know what this could be and if I should take plate out.
PS plate is only in there bc someone said they can sometime regrow.
photop.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

My 1st guess... would just be some cyano from the lose of your coral, but see what others think - though he could have died from bjd, but can't tell that from the pic

reefnrog

Thank you...thats waht I was hoping!!! Any point of keeping my plate coral in the tank or is there really a chance it can grow back?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
See what others say... but I don't think so... once his skeleton is all that remains - sorry you lost him ! If he happen to die from bjd, probably good to get him out.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hello :wave: and welcome to RS!

What are your current water parameters and tell us more about your tank. Also how long did you have it?

I wouldn't "think" that's BJD and honestly the only way to know at this point would be a microscopic examination. I've never seen BJD on a plate but that doesn't mean it's not possible.