Search results

1. MJC

Owners of SRO 3000 EXT?

Can anyone who owns one tell me the outflow pipe hight. I want to get a SRO3000 EXT but want to sit it in my sum(40gal breeder) and as to not restrict the flow need to know if the pip is going to clear 7-9 inches of water it would be sitting in. Thanks
  2. MJC

My 120gal BB tank video

My tank video. BB 120 Reef tank 2-8-2013 - YouTube
  3. MJC

Flakey algae identification please

Flakey Algae - YouTube Sent from my iPad
  4. MJC

Tested generater and now outlet's are not working?

Help does anyone know why my outlets are not working? Tested generater and now outlet's are not working probes and display screen are still working,green light is on.
  5. MJC

Plumbing turnover/Head Loss/ Return pump ?

Sorry in advance for the lengthy post :) My current tank is a sps dominant 120 reef ready w/ duel drain to the sump. I currently have a 1800 mag drive into a Y for my returns over the back of the tank (running the Herby method) with a DIY 40g breeder sump/ASM G-3 Skimmer/return/refuge. 1mp...
  6. MJC

Tube Anemone stung frag...now what?

I have a purple tube anemone and one of my snails knocked a small orange birds nest off the rock and into the anemone. It was there overnight ,in the morning I found it and put it on a frag rack. This is what it looked like when I got home from work. My question is should I frag it again...
  7. MJC

White things attached to my sump glass identification please

These are attached to the glass in my sump they don't appear to be alive as I don't see them moving? And they seem to only be in a high flow area ie, in between my bubble trap glass and some in my skimmer area.
  8. MJC

My Purple fire fish have flat worms on them.

You can see them moving on the fish. These two sleep literally laying flat on the gravle, they look like there dead. I'm guessing this is how they got them? I got ride of them with a 4 cup fresh water (RODI) dip for 12 to 15 min. Also added 1/2 tbs baking soda to water to bring up PH. Then...
  9. MJC

Is this red stuff in my fuge safe?

I started out with this Now I have this
  10. MJC

Curent users of B-Ionic Calcium HELP!!!!!

If you currently use B-Ionica and you happen to have a un-used gallon container around I could really use your help. I need to know how much calcium by measurement you have in the container,I need to know how much RODI to add. I hade two one gallon containers that were poured into a...
  11. MJC

New to Two part dosing need help?

I want to start dosing I have decided to use 2 BRS dosing pumps w/B-ionics My parameters are currently: Ca=420 Alk=8.6 Mag=1320 I have 3 sps colonies,1 3in montipora cap and 4 frags and 4 or 5 Lps My plan is to have a mostly dominant sps tank. Two questions: 1. Sudjestions on...
  12. MJC

Test kits shuck!

Ok I have a few test kits that all read different :banghead: Calcium: Hannah=490 Read Sea=420 Elos=400 Alk: Hannah=7 DKH Red Sea=8.4 DKH All done at the same time all done twice :banghead: What's your advice? What do you do..average them? Pic one brand of test kit and stick with...
  13. MJC

Starfish ID in my fuge?

Check out this video on YouTube: Star fish identification ? - YouTube Sent from my iPad
  14. MJC

Is my montipora bleaching?

I got this two days ago and put it about 4 in off the bottom so it can gat use to the light? This is what it looked like Now I noticed this
  15. MJC

Growth on Dimond Gobbie chin?

This Gobbie has been it QT for just over a week and I noticed this red/brown spot under his chin upon closer inspection it looks like some sort of growth. Altho he looks skinny he is eating well. Any clue what this mite be?
  16. MJC

ID and brown spot?

It mite be me but I think the brown spots are more prominent than they were yesterday? Is that something I should be concerned about? Second day in tank. Thanks
  17. MJC

Worm identification

Check out this video on YouTube: Worm identification - YouTube Sent from my iPad
  18. MJC

HELP my brain looks snotty?

What could be causing this? is there anything I can do? any help appreciated.
  19. MJC

APEX? If I cancel a feed cycle the outlets programed for delays don't apply?

When I cancel a feed cycle it returns all outlets right away, bypassing the delays I have set? Is there a way to 'end' the feed cycle such that the time values that delay certain outlets (ATO,Skimmer)would kick in (in cancel they are skipped) I know I could just let the time run out but...
  20. MJC

Unable to cancel feed timer cycle with cancel button apex display?

Unable to cancel feed timer cycle with cancel button on display. I push the button as the display indicates and nothing happens? I can do it on-line threw the status page but if the internet is down one day I would like to be able to cancel a feeding cycle.:help1: