Search results

1. Boovey

Reef video update

2. Boovey

Yuk in the cup ???

Right today's question is : my 250 been running about two years , I read and see a lot of you guys go about thick yuk stuff in skimmer cup ,,, on mine I get a lot in funnel leading up to top but little drops into cup ,, is this ok ? Am I doing something wrong ?? I'm well stocked and run ozone...
  3. Boovey

Spin stream

Can any of you guys tell me if these fit the 250 and are they worth adding or differcult to fit Thanks mark
  4. Boovey

Slug

can anyone tell me what they think this little thing is ?? It looks like a little slug ,, quite quick moving , white colour and look like little bristles on his back Thanks mark
  5. Boovey

I've got feathers !!

,,, i have just added these to my reef any advice on feeding and up keep would be welcome .. Many thanks mark
  6. Boovey

New lights question

Right guys I was so naive that I've only just renewed my lights in my 250 after 2 years arrr ,,, my question is I've been running old lights ten hours a day !!! Do I reduce time with new lights or less ??? Many thanks for any input !!! Mark
  7. Boovey

Media rack question ???

On your advice I've added the media rack to my 250 ,, I've added 2 cpe and purigen ,, my question is on my water changes do I rinse the bags in there or leave then until renewal ??? Many thanks again for any input .... Mark
  8. Boovey

Atlantic anemone

Hi guys I've just added an Atlantic anemone , how often to I feed him ?? Thanks mark
  9. Boovey

Marks 250 tank update

[/URL][/IMG]right lets see if I've posted this right ha ha .. Mark
  10. Boovey

Tank update

hope I've added this correctly **** Got the IMAGE fixed for ya...BigAl****
  11. Boovey

Replacement skimmer for 250 ??

Right guys I'm after your advice again ,, are there any other good skimmers that will fit my 250 without adjustments , something that will just drop in ,, thinking tunze 9002 ??? Many thanks mark
  12. Boovey

Stock limits ,, your advice

Right my friends my next question ,,, after all your advice on my media rack which is now fitted with purigen and cpe , I ask about the amount of fish to have in my tank ,, I look at all your stock levels , some have few others are up in double figures ,,, I keep mostly small fish fire fish and...
  13. Boovey

Help ,, media rack

Please can you guys advice me ,, I'm thinking of buying the media rack for my 250, my question is can I still use my stock floss holer with it as my lfs store does not stock the pads I assume are made for the rack ,, many thanks in advance of replies
  14. Boovey

Spiders from mars ???? HELP

Please can anyone advice ??? Basically I removed and cleaned black foam in pump one chamber,, first time in a long time I admit ,, I didn't turn pump off and it blew a proper messy storm ,,, as the water settled I could see hundreds of what look like little spiders , 5 legs on a dot , legs look...
  15. Boovey

Feather dusters head as gone

Just sat watching my tank and noticed the head of my feather duster as distached it's self from the tube ,, it seemed to be doing well , is this the end of it and should I remove remaking tube arrr !!
  16. Boovey

Eligance advice

hi guys can you please give me some advice on the beautiful eligance i have just added to my rs 250. at first i put him in the sand,but he was a little to close to my trachy phyllia and i beleave they have a bad sting on them,, so i placed him on a flat peice of lr that is on sandbed level...
  17. Boovey

feather dusters

hi guys ive added a feather duster to my tank and was after advice on posistioning and feeding,, i like these guys but only added one to see how i go mark
  18. Boovey

Domino damsels

right guys ,3 months into this fantasic hobby (obsession) i have taken your advice and my trusted lfs and feel ive learnt so much in a little time and will be learning day by day i thank you.. one of the main reasons i started this hobby was i seen a certain fish and i fell in love with it and...
  19. Boovey

holidays ?????

as a new comer to this obsession which i love ,, the one thing that as started to worry me that i didnt think about is when i go away on holiday,,, my tank is nearly 3 months old and i would imagine in a few months time i will be on family holiday and dont have anyone who is into aquariums to...
  20. Boovey

crab on speed arrrrrr

is it time to worry,,, while my lights were off i noticed a crab dark in colour,no shell as could be seen moving on the rocks,,i moved closer and he disppeared sideways out of sight,, but unlike other crabs this guy was so quick do i start to worry ??????