Search results

1. seanalfred1987

Hurricane Sandy/Power Outage preparedness

Of my power goes out I'm going to be sitting at my tank with a turkey baster in one hand and a bottle of vodka in the other until the power comes back on lol
  2. seanalfred1987

Help identify please

Definitely a fungia. An lps. After a year and a half of owning one, mine is in the process of dying. So I obviously wasn't doing something right. Search it out online
  3. seanalfred1987

Fragged a ric.. no mouth in the frag. Chance of survival?

My ric somehow fell off of where it was mounted and a small piece tore off. The piece that tore off was under a half inch and there was no mouth on it. Two weeks later, its doing fine and it grew a mouth. So I would say no worries, its will b ok soon
  4. seanalfred1987

congrats on mobile version........problems!!!!!!!!

Don't they both cost money?
  5. seanalfred1987

White Spikey Hitchhiker on LR

I have the same thing I just saw the other night. I'm keeping a close eye on it. Hope someone know wat it is. It's hard, doesn't move...just hoping its something cool lol
  6. seanalfred1987

How to quiet "gurgling" from wetdry intake

I used a piece of airline tubing going down the inside of the downpipe. I found the best spot where it seemed to make the least amount of noise and taped the other end to the outside of my overflow box. It kinda acts like a snorkel and let's the downpipe breath I guess. But its a super cheap...
  7. seanalfred1987

Sump refugium DIY question

If u go with Ur second idea, there will be no water flow into Ur refugium. The water would just stop at the return chamber and go back up to the dt
  8. seanalfred1987

Sump refugium DIY question

My setup is First chamber has protein skimmer. The water then flows through baffles and into my refugium with live rock, sand bed, and macro algaes. Then into the final section with my return pump. Prbbly one of the best designs imo...but if I was to build another sump, I would also put...
  9. seanalfred1987

new mantis shrimp setup...any tips?

Ok. Cool. Thx for all the help
  10. seanalfred1987

And I just watched him eat for the first time. I gave him a whole silver side and he attacked it with vigor. And after carrying it around the tank for a while i think he's finally sat down to eat it
  11. seanalfred1987

So low light would be a good thing? I was thinking of throwing on my dual 10k light fixture on. I take it that would be a bad idea? Someone told me i could keep coral with him as long as I don't care if it get moved aroujd. Like a rest tank kind of idea. This would be a bad idea too?
  12. seanalfred1987

Migration to LEDs

My lfs actually builds led fixtures. You should look around and see if someone in your area does the same. He charged me $400 for a 36 led, fan cooled unit. His leds are the only thing he has on his tanks and they are growing great. Anywhere else I was looking at $500 plus for a 75 gal led light...
  13. seanalfred1987

And currently just have a regular 6500 k bulb on him. Pics are hard to get as of yet. The water is pretty cloudy and he is digging in the sand
  14. seanalfred1987

I just went with a basic 29 gal setup. Just a power filter for jow for filtration.
  15. seanalfred1987

I just got a peacock mantis shrimp...never tried this before. Any tips someone could offer who has one?
  16. seanalfred1987

congrats on mobile version........problems!!!!!!!!

First off, I want to say a major thankyou for making a mobile version of Ur site. Since I do not own a computer, 99% of my time on if site is mobile. I love this forum, and really do not want to switch. The people and moderators are so helpful. The problem I am having, is that whenever I...
  17. seanalfred1987

switching from 55 to 75

So I've been waiting to upgrade to a bigger tank for a while. I found someone selling a 75 for dirt cheap. So i decided I could finally upgrade. Really excited about this, especially because I have read that 75 gal tanks are a lot more structurally sound. I may be wrong, but I think moving to a...
  18. seanalfred1987

good silicone for tank

Clear colour
  19. seanalfred1987

good silicone for tank

I just got a new tank i need to reseal. I can't remember if I used solicone II or not. I know I got it from home depot and the tank has been running fine for the past 8 months. I'm pretty sure it mostly doesn't matter as long as you let it air out long enough. Any help?
  20. seanalfred1987

friendly suncoral?

I was just wondering if anyone on here has a sun coral that seems to respond to their owners. If mine is not out, all I gotta do is stick my arm in my tank and within a few minutes, all of the heads are out. And that is saying a lot. There are at least two dozen heads. And I've also noticed that...