Search results

1. D

Bengaii cardinal chasing other cardinal fish

I bought 3 bengaii cardinal fish. They have been in my DT for about 3 or 4 weeks and were doing fine, schooling together as my LFS said they would. Suddenly in the past couple of days one of them has begun chasing the others and today the other 2 are hiding behind the rocks. I even had to direct...
  2. D

How do I get my fish to eat algae?

It is a 75 and I know when they get big they need a larger tank than I have but I also know they usually grow pretty slowly so I'm hoping by then I'll be able to upgrade to a larger tank. The tang is only maybe the size of a quarter and that might be generous.
  3. D

Yeah I had one before so I'm familiar with the ick issue. That's why I wanted him in before I got any other fish besides the 5 I have in there. I figured less stress that way. I just love these guys despite the difficulties. I couldn't resist. I quarantined him for a while and he did great. I'm...
  4. D

He's super small so I've been giving him cyclops as suggested by my lfs. He's eating that just fine. I tried mysis but he can't get it in his mouth because its too big.
  5. D

I have a small hippo tang that I introduced into my dt from my quarantine tank yesterday. I know they need vegetation in their diet so I got sheets of algae in a pack at the lfs. I put some in my tank but none of my fish eat it. I have 2 clowns 3 bengai cardinals and the tang and they all just...
  6. D

Aqua Marine brand light?

I'm not sure. It was from a seller on eBay but I had to contact them to get the brand name. I just contacted them again to verify as I couldn't find anything when I searched either. Thanks for checking it out!
  7. D

Aqua Marine brand light?

Has anyone ever heard of Aqua Marine brand light fixtures? I was checking out some light fixtures and came across this one but am not sure what the quality is like.
  8. D

Just another 180 and my reef chronicles

Really nice! How long have you had those LEDs? How are they working for you?
  9. D

Danas 75 gallon reef tank

Oh I forgot to add that the store is only open weekends...
  10. D

If I add Chaeto to my tank while nitrates are REALLY high (like 160) will it die? I know it consumes nitrate but I wasn't sure if some levels can be too high for it. My tank is still cycling and my ammonia has come down to 0 but my nitrites are still elevated also. I haven't gotten my RO/DI...
  11. D

what i recieved from My Reef To Yours :)

Thanks for sharing this. I had never heard of this site before but when my tank is ready I will definitely be giving them a try!
  12. D

real sand or sand in a bag

I agree with everyone who says fake sand. Beach sand is definitely angerous to put in your tank. My lfs has a big tub of live sand with pumps to keep the bacteria alive in their live rock area. You could maybe check if anyone near you sells it that way if you really want live sand. Otherwise i...
  13. D

November 2011 POTM VOTING

The shrimp one is cool but I was just looking at past winners and I could be wrong but it looks like a less cropped version of one that won before though quite a long time ago.
  14. D

It's a half of a broken ship. My fiance likes it and won't give it up so I built the rock wall around it.
  15. D

Pair of clowns and only one being hosted by nem

^+1 Sometimes they can live for months even though they are not thriving and then die off "suddenly". At least it seems like suddenly to you though it's been struggling all along. IMO if you get rid of it, you should wait a while before getting another. Your clowns will be fine without it.
  16. D

So I am finally getting my 75 gallon reef tank back up and running after 3 years(I moved and the tank crashed and everything died). I cleaned out the tank and the sump with refugium and I put the tank up over the weekend after scrubbing all of my old rock down thoroughly and cleaning the sand...
  17. D

250 gallon sw tank setup 5 yrs. old

Some of those fish you listed are not reef safe. Particularly the koran angel and the puffer fish, though the vermiculated angel and the foxface need to be monitored as they can eat corals as well. IMO I would not waste money on corals unless I was willing to take them out. Reef tanks are...
  18. D

what compatable with Lion fish

I would agree with anything that is too big to fit in their mouth, but keep in mind their mouths are bigger than they look. I had one in a tank with a snowflake eel and the eel eventually killed it. It didn't happen right away but he just kept going at it until it died. The eel also killed a...
  19. D

Coral Beauty and Lemonpeel Angel in same tank? yes or no?

In a 250 it is worth trying but like others have already said it might not work out. I love lemon peels and flames but have not had the courage to try both at the same time. My tank is not as big an yours however.
  20. D

Well Water with RO/DI system

Bulk reef supply was really helpful. I would recommend them to anyone who needs help or has questions.