Search results

1. J

250 gallon sw tank setup 5 yrs. old

Last thing and I will shut up. I have been shopping for lights and I think I want a pendant style 400 watt 10K Metal halide. My question here is can you concentrate reef growth to one area of the tank? In other words say I got this light and put it shining down on some of the live rock on one...
  2. J

We used to use the windex but someone told us to stop immediately so it's just sitting under there now. We use water only now to clean it. And yes these fish are so fun to watch they all have their own little personalities! Thanks!
  3. J

I just wanted to point out the red on the live rock here. Can someone tell me about this? And also this fish is not reef safe am I right? He is very aggressive.
  4. J

This is a pic of what plumbing we do have. Would really love to know more about this it seems very important and I dont know if I have enough here.
  5. J

So what do you do when you have to take fish out and dont have separate tanks? Thanks
  6. J

Ok I finally figured out the whole photobucket deal lol. This is a picture of the lights we have. The front two are 36"twin tube fluorescent reflector 75 watts (that's what it says on the sticker) I think this is the one that has the LEDS that come on at night as well. The back one has four...
  7. J

Ok I am going to try not to leave any of these guys out but they are hiding from me so I might miss a couple. We have: 2 Pygmy angelfish Flame angelfish 2 different kinds of clownfish (Ive tried to identify them and I think one is a sweetlips and one is the nemo/true percula) Koran angelfish...
  8. J

Hi I have a 250 gallon tank that me and my dad have kept for about five years now. We have about 30 various species of fish. We were given the tank as someone in our family was going to get rid of it. It has been great fun watching these fish grow. We have never had many problems with anything...
  9. J

Hi

Hi Im new to the aquarium world but have a huge tank with lots of fish in it. I would love to start getting some plant life in there, I just dont know if I have the right lighting or filtration/ plumbing on the tank. After looking at a few forums I have seen some pretty intense looking stuff...