Search results

1. F

Ideas for 110 gal. tank... mainly live rock only. Please read...

Well I know it's been some time since I've added anything to this post, so thought I'd just give an update as to what I finally did. I set my 110 gal. tall tank up with a 1/2 to 2 in. sand bed with around 125 to 140 lbs. of live rock. I run two Jebao pumps one WP-25 and a WP-40. Also a Tunze DOC...
  2. F

Need help with Coral ID...

Thank you BigAl07, that's what I was thinking too. Just wanted to be sure. Thanks again my friend. Foots
  3. F

Need help with Coral ID...

Can someone please try to ID these two corals for me, center images. Thank You in advance.
  4. F

Hello Davek, thanks for the reply. I'll try to answer a few of your questions. 1. I've had my nano tank up and running almost 6 months now. I know that's not a really long time, but my point is that I really just like how the live rock, macro algae and CUC go about their day to day business...
  5. F

I have an idea I'd like to run by you all. I know my post is about not wanting to setup and run a sump or skimmer on my non-drilled 110 gal tank. But after thinking about it and seeing the slight film of scum that floats on the surface of my 110 gal freshwater tank. I thought about doing a...
  6. F

Need help with this plant I.D. Good or Bad?

Thank you guys for the info. It came in on my live rock from Florida Live Rock but was so tiny I could not even see it. Nothing was there! But it slowly started growing like I said so thought I try to get it ID'd. Thanks for the input, it will be coming out of the tank today. (all of it) :-)...
  7. F

Need help with this plant I.D. Good or Bad?

This has been slowly growing on one of my rocks for the last 3 months. It seems to be picking up a little speed in it's grow over the last week or two. Is this a good marine algae or plant or should I pull it now? Any help would be appreciated. It's the first two pictures on the page. Please...
  8. F

Hello Pimpala, no I really "don't " want to run a sump and skimmer. That was the whole purpose of my post. Just when on one chimed in, I thought the consensus was that on a bigger tank was that a skimmer was needed. I'm glad you took the time to post to me. I think I will give this a try...
  9. F

Well looks like I will have to run a sump and skimmer on the 110 gal. Any ideas on what size sump and skimmer I would need? Thanks
  10. F

Here is some pics of both my Nano and the 110 gal tall tank on my photobucket site. Just click on the link. Pictures by foots222 - Photobucket
  11. F

@ Psu4me, well nothing major just something like the red and green gracilaria, and some caulerpa. Really just for the pods and to add a little color. I have these in my nano and the pods love them and I like the look and growing them. @ Bearjohnson, with the cuc and me giving them some stuff...
  12. F

Hello everyone, well I've been having so much fun with my 12 gal. nano tank and watching the the life grow on my live rocks and the macro algae grow, that I've been thinking about what would be needed to change my 110 gal. (tall) freshwater tank to saltwater. But here's the thing, I want to...
  13. F

This thing ate a snail, what is it???

Yes guys, that was scary and it tripped me out seeing it happen! I have another smaller one too on another piece from the same rock. I think I may just keep them for now and grow them out a bit, as my tank is mostly just live rock with a few polyps, a small piece of xenia and some macro algae...
  14. F

better photos here.... Pictures by foots222 - Photobucket
  15. F

Hey thanks for the info guys.. Someone from another site said it's a Pseudocorynactis nem and after looking that up online I would have to agree. Here are more pics and some of the same but larger at my photobucket link. Thanks Pictures by foots222 - Photobucket
  16. F

Hello everyone, this came on a piece of rock and last nite I saw it eat a snail. Any idea as to what it is, so I can better care for it e.g. feed it. Thanks
  17. F

Coral/Polyps ID, Help needed please...

Wow, Thanks guys, great help. Tru2nr, yes that looks just like it. And I do also have it up at the top of my tank. Hopefully it will grow out like yours, very nice!. Thank you all for your time and knowledge, much appreciated. :thumber:
  18. F

Thanks for posting the pics PSU4ME. And thanks BigAl07, yes that's what I thought they were too. But some thought they might be aptasia so I just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the feedback guys I appreciate it.
  19. F

Hello all, Yes I'm a newbie! I set up a new 12 gal. Nano Cube DX and these were on some live rock I bought for the tank. Can someone please let me know what you think they are. In one photo you can see 3 starks opened and a little lower you can see another head of something that has not...