Search results

1. R

Canister Filters and skimmers

I would change the carbon every two week. 6 to 8 weeks is way to long IMO. If you need to run a canister clean every two week also.
  2. R

Online livestock purchases

I use saltwaterfish.com and shipping is great, never had a problem. They are only a state away so not a lot of travel time
  3. R

Need bulb opinions please!

go with the twentys they give the waer a nice blue without antinics
  4. R

Tragically overdoing it?

no. Just make sure you do weekly water changes
  5. R

Is my yellow leather dead?

Leather' are tempermetal. They might take a few days to open bake up. If they are dead you can hold it to your nose and if it smells that means it's dead or if you see it comimg apart.
  6. corals_001

corals_001

7. R

48" of Maddness Club

Re: The 75 - 90 Club!! 2 75 for me
  8. R

halide bulb won't work?

after looking on the internet I see there are more than one type of bulb and they are not interchangable with your ballast. So on to ebay they go and hope I am not out to much.
  9. R

halide bulb won't work?

I bought these bulbs online a while back. They are 250 watt 20,000 kelvins. They are the double end type. My light is getting a year old so I was going to change the bulbs out. I took out the old one put the new ones in and nothing happened. Are there different bulbs for different ballast...
  10. R

what is a good cleaner foe tank?

Just taking down a 55. Was wondering what is the best way to get coraline off of inside tank.
  11. R

Fair value for setup.

Sorry to here that. I live in northwest In. near chicago. I'm always looking for things on ebay or craigslist to get better stuff and I see more of this happening. I know what you have and what it cost but the sad thing is if you can get eight hundred for the whole thing. It's a buyers market...
  12. R

xiena frag

mine didn't take off until I got halide lights then with crazy. Had power compacts before but were slow.
  13. R

I Need Some Advice About My Yellow Polyps......

if you don't feed them seperately they will starve plus they eat after you turn light off or can over time train them to open up to eat when you feed everything else. you really need a spot feeder for them.
  14. R

Live Rock

what home made deal do you mean?
  15. R

wet dry filter

i ran airline that was two feet long down the overflow pipes and took electric tie to keep them on top of the u tube and that kept them from burping
  16. R

reefpods

Bought a couple 8 oz. bags from saltwaterfish.com. I poured half a bag in my tank (75 gal). How do I store the rest. In a frig, a bottle or what?
  17. R

feeding sun coral

they opened the first night and fed them but that was it
  18. R

feeding sun coral

I've had it for six days and haven't opened to feed. Any ideas? water is fine all corals are fine. Put it under an outcropping so it is in the shade. I know you need to feed each polyp.
  19. R

choco ship in a reef tank?

mine even ate a fish. no!!!!