Search results

1. MontanaDolphin

Becca's 29 g

Guess I'll have to wait for it to grow up a bit and take another picture. :)
  2. MontanaDolphin

Becca's 29 g

Well, now that you mention it...as a matter of fact I do have new photos :) Not many, but new is new, right? I saw this little guy yesterday...have NO CLUE what it is cuz it's so small...it's orangish/reddish in color. This is about as good of a photo as I could get. It's been hanging out on the...
  3. MontanaDolphin

Becca's 29 g

Just wanted to update on this tank. It seems to be doing ok...I've lost one hermit and two snails. The two hermits that are left devoured them in a day. Nothing has spread to my aquascapes that I can tell. Of course, it's only been a couple of weeks, but I thought I'd see the beginnings of...
  4. MontanaDolphin

Becca's (aka MontanaDolphin) Boo-Boo Tank

Two new critters spotted. Not sure what the first one is...some sort of shrimp or crab I think, because I could see it's front claws grabbing stuff. I'm no expert, though!! The second is a new tiny snail. I've noticed some missing critters, as well. The rolly-polly looking isopods, for...
  5. MontanaDolphin

need help ASAP identifying this worm

yea i can i.d. the bristle worm...it's the red one with the bizillion tentacles i'm wondering about.
  6. MontanaDolphin

need help ASAP identifying this worm

Should I keep it out or put it back in? Is it a medusa/spaghetti worm? Or something else? If it's ok to put back in, I need to know ASAP before it dies out of the tank in the dish. THANK YOU. video of it moving (i think you have to click it and it opens in...
  7. MontanaDolphin

Worm ID

I just posted about this same worm a couple of weeks ago. I called it a torpedo worm. Here's a link to the post: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-hitchhiker-id/72546-what-h-e-double-hockey-stick.html Then a few days later I found this (scroll down to the final pictures in page three...
  8. MontanaDolphin

help with readings

ph is reading 7.4 should i expect the rest of my cuc to perish? I have three hermits and one snail left. haven't seen any of the stars...not worried bout those though cuz i found out they eat stuff i don't want them to eat LOL
  9. MontanaDolphin

help with readings

Oh, I forgot to add...I had the lights off all day yesterday cuz I went to emergency room (i'm fine), so wasn't here to turn them on. So the tank went without light for a day. Dunno if that would make a difference or not...seems more than a coincidence to me that two snails die after leaving the...
  10. MontanaDolphin

help with readings

I'm sure it's been posted here before...a link to it would be great, please :) What exactly should I expect to happen with nitrite, nitrate, ph, etc. for a new tank? The reason I ask is because it's been up and running for a week and a half. Bought a small clean up crew last weekend. Two of...
  11. MontanaDolphin

You're welcome Ev!! I love them all...although, the crab is on my hit list for killing my angel wing :rocket: . Still can't bring myself to kill him though. He was apparently hungry, so why should he be punished for eating? LOL. I'm just making sure from now on that he is well fed. Don't want...
  12. MontanaDolphin

Airpumps

ahhh...i figured that's what it was...since I have it on both my tanks. It's around the filters (i have canister HOB filters...not the power ones that are desirable) and the cord to the heater...and it's on the edges of the hoods. I just brush it back in the tank...dunno if that's a big no-no or...
  13. MontanaDolphin

Airpumps

ummm....what's salt creep?
  14. MontanaDolphin

Ev's 265 Gal. Journey

Like nanoreefing said, yep if you use photobucket. I edit my pics before I upload them to photobucket, sometimes cropping them...so my pics are usually odd shapes and sizes. If you check out my chronicle pics you'll see what I mean...big...small...long...tall...photobucket rocks :) My...
  15. MontanaDolphin

Becca's 29 g

Happy Nemo's make happy kiddos...the fish will be for my boys, so I'll have to make the fish happy to make the boys happy...which means a couple of anemones I reckon :)
  16. MontanaDolphin

Ev's 265 Gal. Journey

To give some visuals to add to nanoreefing's post, here is what you'll see step by step to copy the url: Once you are at the screen with the photos you want to use... scroll over the picture you want to add. This box shows up (shown in following image), and you want to scroll your mouse...
  17. MontanaDolphin

Becca's 29 g

I think it's pretty :) If we are talking about the green stuff that looks like grass. I don't plan on lots of corals...after watching the videos on potential stings... http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/just-starting-out-sw-beginners/63905-potential-stings-poisons-our-reef-tanks.html ...I'd...
  18. MontanaDolphin

Becca's 29 g

Ok, so it spreads like wildfire...but is it bad? I don't have a problem with it spreading if it's not bad for my tank...it's green (my favorite color), and it looks pretty :)
  19. MontanaDolphin

Can anyone tell me how often I should "feed" my tank? Thanks in advance!!
  20. MontanaDolphin

Becca's 29 g

Is HA bad? I'm counting on SOMETHING to cover up the epoxy. Looks like I stuck everything together using chewing gum. It looks tacky.