Search results

1. S

Suggestions for chiller flow rate please.

I have a 1/10HP chiller ready for our upcoming summer, if it will ever come, and I recently purchased the hood accessory kit (aka chiller adapter for back of the hood). I had a Fluval 304 canister ready for the pumping job however the adapter instructions had a cool idea of placing a chiller...
  2. S

Slug and crab/s ID please

Found these and have me wondering. Slug has been chowing down on rock algae. Seems to be leaving a lot of grit behind. The photo of the crab was an empty exo and I'm not sure if it's the same guy in the video. Should any of these be relocated out of the tank ? Thanks...
  3. S

Scott's RSM130

Ok, 6 days into my live rock cycle. Test results today were, PH - 8.4 SG- 1.025 Ammonia - 0 Nitrite - 0.5 ppm Nitrate - 50 ppm Calcium - 500 ppm Alkalinity - 2 (just under midrange ?) Live rock started turning brown couple of days ago and is pretty much covered now so hopefully it's...
  4. S

New light fans - yay

Only having the basic 130, rather than the D, meant my light fans were rather noisy. Received some 50mm PC fans today so these when straight in. They were thinner than the original fans so required so packing around the edge with rubber tape. Boy, what an improvement. Much quieter and has...
  5. S

RSM130 - new user - outlet powerheads sucking air.

Howdy all. Currently doing initial set-up of the tank and only have live rock in at present. Question regarding the output powerheads - With both powerheads running the water level in the output chamber drops to almost the bottom edge of the powerheads. This might be ok normally but as a...
  6. S

Another newbie

Howdy all Just going through set-up of our first marine tank. Long time freshwater keeper but a particularly good deal on a Red Sea Max has got us on a new path. Cheers Scott