Search results

1. fitzpoppa

Finally running

After a rocky start, between funds and a leaky used tank i have my tank running. I added some live rock yesterday so i can start my cycle and ended up just buying a new tank since i had no luck with used ones. I got a 55 gallon for 55 bucks at the local big box pet store. I just wanted to share...
  2. fitzpoppa

light for rock

Do i need a 4 bulb coral light for live rock or can i buy one later?
  3. fitzpoppa

Before i add water and sand.

Was wondering if this was enough rock? I want to eventually do coral but not for a few months so can i add more rock at a later time.
  4. fitzpoppa

Filter question

I have a 30 gallon freshwater tank and want to change it over to a saltwater tank. Question is can i use the Whisper 150 Bio Wheel filter thats on it or do i need to change it to a wet dry filter? I know i need a power head and a different light to do corals. Just wondering about the filter...
  5. fitzpoppa

Sand question.

I am picking up another tank bigger then what i was gonna start with. It has sand and rock but its all dried up. Can i use this same sand or do i have to get new. Also the rock was live at one time but not any more. Can i use it as base rock if i boil it good and make sure its clean. A...
  6. fitzpoppa

My light.

I got a light from a guy who bought a new light. It has a marine bulb in it. the type i don't know. Its super bright and super blue. Does this seem right. I'm hoping to get something better down the road. I guess my question is, will it be ok for now to just run this.
  7. fitzpoppa

Not much but its mine...

Heres a quick pic of where I'm at. It's not much but its all mine LOL. I will be adding more rock of course, It's my 55Gal I'm going to set up as a FOWLR tank. Any and all comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  8. fitzpoppa

Just wondering.

Since in new to the SW family i was wondering. Out in storage i have a nice 20L tank. Is it to small to do anything with? Can i use a bio wheel filter on it if i do simple FOLWLR tank with maybe a few small fish.
  9. fitzpoppa

My choice of base rock.

First i would like to start of by apologizing if this question has already been answered. I'm new to the saltwater hobby and am trying to do the best i can. All the shops around here want to sell me the expensive stuff and i just can't do it right now. I have a 55 gallon tank that i am...
  10. fitzpoppa

Hello from Florida

It says to start her so here i am. My name is James, i live in Florida and am taking on the adventure of my first salt water tank. I had a 120 Gallon tank ready for the beginnings and while moving it the person helping me dropped his end and well. I have about 100 plus pounds of broken glass. So...