Search results

1. jeffrey

Wanting to sell a 400 S

I've enjoyed my 400 S for 4 years now but my schedule and lifestyle is making it really hard to take care of it. Anyone know what a fair price would be with a chiller?
  2. jeffrey

Green Tip Bubble

Bought this Green Tip Bubble Anemone about 4 months ago when it was 4 inches wide, it has moved twice and has been in this location for the past couple of months.
  3. jeffrey

Magnesium, an important part of the BIG picture !

For the last four months I've struggled with diatom and brown string algae. I've read countless books and articles on many forums about algae problems and have tried everything suggested to clear the water. I've added one snail per gallon of water, I do 10% water changes every week, changed...
  4. jeffrey

Where to purchase replacement bulbs

I'm a little over due for new bulbs for my S-400 and have read that they're not available in the U.S. so where does one get the bulbs???
  5. jeffrey

Can you host clams in a tank using T5 bulbs?

I was just told by my LFS that I would not be able to have clams in my tank because I use T5 bulbs. I have the RSM 400S that has 10 T5 bulbs which is a ton of light. Has anyone had success hosting clams in a S series tank?
  6. jeffrey

How to remove stains / spots on glass???

Good Morning All, I have a white hazy stain / spot on the outside of the glass that has been there since day one. I have cleaned it with vinegar many times but it doesn't seem to touch it. If I run my finger across it I can't actually feel anything. Has anyone ever had the same issue or...
  7. jeffrey

Best and correct size CHILLER.

Great Weekend to all. I know when I get this tank I'm going to need a good, QUIET chiller. I have been doing a lot of research and it seems that the JBJ Aritica 1/5 Chiller is a good product. As mentioned in my earlier post I'm waiting on the deliverly of a RSM 400. I would like everyone...
  8. jeffrey

Jeff's RSM 400

Thought I would start my first thread of the purchase of my first Salt Water Tank in over 22 years. After visiting a LFS in Bonita Springs, Florida to investigate the 250 I was drawn over to the new 500 that was on display. After seeing the S series in person I knew I had to have one. The...
  9. jeffrey

Best place to purchase a Red Sea Max 250

Hello All, I'm wanting to purchase the RSM 250 but my LFS's do not carry it, I see their are many online stores that sell this model. What online store would you suggest? Did you purchase your RSM 250 from an online store? Thanks!
  10. jeffrey

RSM250 Questions

I've got the itch to get another reef tank and love the RSM250. Being a neat freak the part about nothing hanging on the outside and one power cord leaving the stand with no visible cords hanging down the tank sold me on this beautiful design. After reading the great posts in this forum I...
  11. jeffrey

Considering purchasing a RSM 250

I last had a tank in the 80's. This tank looks incredible! For all the owners of the RSM 250, is it the best tank you have ever had? I'm really considering this tank but the only thing I'm concerned with is the noise level. I have a house that is all tile. Can you RSM 250 owners chime in...