Search results

1. Q

Different Coralline Algae Colors

I'm starting up a 72 gallon, in a few months, completely from scratch. When I say starting from scratch, I mean I plan to make all the base rock and cure it myself. I plan to add my own Coralline Algae, and other critters such as pods, bristle worms, tubeworms, and starfish to the tank...
  2. Q

How do I prevent Red Cyano from ever getting into my tank?

I traded all my fish and my 55 gallon setup for a very nice 72 gallon bowfront tank/stand/glass canopy. I will be starting from scratch and moving very very VERY slowly, including making my own rock! In my new future setup, I plan to heavily quarantine everything that goes into the tank that I...
  3. Q

FS:5"PurpleTang,4"HumahumaTrigger,2footSnowflakeEe l,4"Pixy/Spotted Hawkfish(Maryland)

Hey all. I have a couple fish and invertebrates I'm looking to get rehome. I'm breaking down my tanks because I'm moving in the future for military purposes, and out of the country. I don't think I'm going to be able to bring my fish. I'll also will have about 100-130lbs of base rock...
  4. Q

Please Help! Ich/RedCyano Snowflake Eel/Ruby Scat/ Scribbled Rabbitfish....

Hey Guys. I'm really disappointed. I came home from work today to find my Scribbled Rabbitfish on the floor. He had jumped. I didn't believe he was stressed but I noticed that my Ruby Scat is covered in what I believe is ich. There are little white spots all over him including his eyes. I'm a...
  5. Q

Small White Spots all over my glass, look like Snails maybe.

Hey Everyone! All these little white spots have appeared all over the glass of my tank. I'm not sure what they are but they don't seem to move. They are also very hard to peel off the glass. I rub my finger nail across them and it's like they are stuck to it. the only other trait I can...
  6. Q

Should I rescue this Purple Tang? MHLLE

There is a Purple Tang at one of my LFS that is closing down at the end of the month. All the fish that don't get sold will be freezed. I've been a customer for many years and they will give me the tang if I want it. Here is the issue. It has really bad Marine Head and Lateral Line Erosion...
  7. Q

Medications for a LR tank with no fish yet? Quarantine tank questions as well!

Hey guys! I see a bunch of stickies with that give great detail in proper acclimation, quarantining, and medicating your coral and fish tanks, however, I am curious if there is any treatment I should do to the tank BEFORE I add any livestock, and in my case after inverts, before fish? My tank...
  8. Q

Brought home a Purple Anthias and a beautiful Rabbitfish! May need an ID on Rabbit!

Hey guys. I was at one of my LFS today, Congressional Aquarium, and they had a super neon purplish/hot pink Anthias I thought was colored awesome. It was much brighter than most Anthias I've seen in the pet stores so I decided to take it home. I was debating on buying a Solar Fairy Wrasse in...
  9. Q

Quicklynx's 55 Gallon Reef Build

Here it is. Day 1. I broke my freshwater 55 gallon down to turn it into a saltwater reef tank. I picked up about 100-125lbs of live rock from a local (and got stung by a fireworm in the process.) He was an hour away so when I got back to my house I threw the rock in the tank as quickly as...
  10. Q

Help with ID of these clams, please.

Can somebody help id these clams for me? Are they Maximas? Thanks in advance!
  11. Q

New to Reef Sanctuary and to Reefs, not to Fish!

Hello Everyone, My name is Martin and I and have been very interested in reefkeeping for several years now but never got into it until now. I traded my Black Arowana for a JBJ 24 gallon and stand. It was tough but I'm happy I did. The tank currently has 36lbs of live rock in it, and is...