Search results

1. mama_lh

can anyone suggest a good protein skimmer?

hang on. however, we will be upgrading to a 95 gal reef ready wave tank soon. is there a skimmer that will do for now and transfer to a sump? also my old skimmer is a multiskimmer but today its creating hundreds of micro bubbles in the tank .is that normal or is it really at the end of the...
  2. mama_lh

can anyone suggest a good protein skimmer?

I have a 55 gal reef tank thats 5 years old. I think my skimmer has seen its last day. can anyone suggest a good quality replacement?
  3. mama_lh

Hello Urgent help needed Damsel in distress

I think you should check a compatibility chart for your fish. The damsel is territorial and very agressive as it gets older. as for Triggers and clowns in the same tank, I personally wouldn't do it. As for Ich, I think your fish are stressed due to the compatibility issues. Rule number one...
  4. mama_lh

Info on this guy please?

try a six line wrasse to get rid of these worms. I have them in my tank but they dont seem to be bothersome. However, DO NOT TOUCH THEM WITH BARE HANDS. Thats if you try to catch it yourself. always protect your hands with marine gloves as a precaution.
  5. mama_lh

Perc Problem

sorry about your loss. Don't give up. I wouldn't put any new fish in the tank for a month or so. Just to make sure the ich cycle is over. However, when you buy new fish try to quaranteen them for a couple of weeks. dont forget about copper and a copper test kit. Have them handy at all times when...
  6. mama_lh

Clown fish in anemones

we have 5 baby false percs and they love the long tenticle anemone . take a peek at our photo
  7. mama_lh

Perc Problem

copper works great however, you need a quaranteen tank. you cannot use copper with live rock, sand or inverts. From my own experience copper is the only thing that completely rid our tanks of ich. we tried reef safe ich treatment, fresh water baths, cleaner shrimp ect, none were successfull. we...
  8. Left Side of my 55gal before spawning

Left Side of my 55gal before spawning

9. Yellow Tang and Green Mandarin

Yellow Tang and Green Mandarin

10. Clowns in a Long Tenacle Anemone

Clowns in a Long Tenacle Anemone

11. Xenia Coral in spawning tank

Xenia Coral in spawning tank

12. Possible Spawning Tank

Possible Spawning Tank

13. mama_lh

Spawning Corals??????

corals spawning? all is ok in the tank today no deaths or anything.
  14. mama_lh

Spawning Corals??????

:bouncebox Something strange is going on in our 55 gal tank. We newly added soft coral like polyps, mushrooms, xenia, star polyps ect... our tank was crystal clear 2 hrs ago. My huband wittnessed a milky colored strand coming from the pink star polyp and, a couple hours later the blue atenic...
  15. mama_lh

Reef mystery, Really starting to get on my nerves.

I'm only 4 years into this hobby but I do know that turbo snails just love to knock corals over. as for where they dissapeared to i'm not sure. I wish you luck finding the problem.
  16. mama_lh

mama_lh

my salinity is 1.023 We run the tank about 80f the new store bought corals opened up and look great.
  17. mama_lh

mama_lh

we test our water atleast 3 times a week. ph is always 8.2 calcium is 400-450. since the death of the two corals we purchased a few new at our LFS and there doing great. I think we learned an important lesson see it before you buy it!
  18. mama_lh

mama_lh

our tank is 4 years old or so. It's a 55 gal with about 35-40 lbs of live rock. 1 power head, 1turbo twist UV steralizer, satelite power compacts 4 day strips 2 blue and moon lights, 1 multiskimmer, 1 sea clear hang on filter, heater, 2 anemones, 5 baby clowns, 1 bi color blenny, female...
  19. mama_lh

mama_lh

Hello All! My husband and I are 4 years new to the saltwater hobby and we need some help. We have a 55gal reef tank and just started to add coral 3 days ago and just had a colt coral die. It never opened up it just fell over and that was it. :waa: