Search results

1. jweisman54

Red Sea Max 250 for sale-new

If any of you have read some of my recent posts, you know that I am having many issues with maintaining this tank. I returned my RODI system yesterday as I cannot use it with my house water system which is well water. The pump in my water system NEVER turns off when the RODI was connected and...
  2. jweisman54

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I did my first water change. Had 15 gallons of RO water mixed with the right amount of salt, right temp., mixed for 24 hours with pump in water. Removed exactly 15 gallons from tank....siphoned gallon by gallon and then measured the tank with a ruler so that the next time I will know where...
  3. jweisman54

Salt brands

What brand salt is everyone using and why? Currently I am still using the Red Sea that came with the set up but my ca and mg are low.
  4. jweisman54

first water change

On the RSM 250, does anyone know about how far down to measure from the waterline, where the 15 gallon mark would be? I have my RO water in a 20 gallon barrel with about 15 gallons in it. I am going to salt it up, am running a pump and heater in it now and will do the change tomorrow but I...
  5. jweisman54

Joyce's RSM Reef

Well, at Glenn's suggestion, I am going to try to start my own thread. I am hoping to upload a short video on here as well as some pictures that I took this afternoon. So a brief background.... I have been hobbying (is that a real word?) with tropical fish since I was 16 starting with a...
  6. jweisman54

Another question

Does anyone have their live rock against the back of the glass. I had to rearrange mine today because some pieces were falling. I read on another forum that it was ok to lean some pieces against the glass. What does everyone here think?
  7. jweisman54

new RO filter questions

I just received SpectraPure MPRO60 RO system today. After reading the instructions, I am totally lost as to how the setup goes on this thing. Any help in laymans terms would be greatly appreciated. Joyce
  8. jweisman54

Yet another question

:overhere: So I looked at my tank this morning and now that most of the diatoms are gone, I now have green algae starting to grow on the glass. What to do!!!!:doh: I am also seeing fish poop on the sand. Should I be siphoning that out?
  9. jweisman54

Can I clean the filters yet?

Been up and running now a month. I am seeing lots of debris where the sponge filter is and in the carbon packs. The tank is cycled. Can I take the carbon out and rinse it as well as the sponge. How do I clean inside the plastic where the water is located in all three areas?
  10. jweisman54

Powerhead FS Brand new

Hydor Koralia Evolution 750 GPH, 60 Hz. Brand new just received today from online purchase. Not looking to make money just sell for what I paid $28.28 which includes shipping via Amazon.com. Did not put in tank. Joyce
  11. jweisman54

Cabinet/Stand Brand New FS

Aquarium cabinet/stand, black, two front doors, 4 inside shelves, large rear opening for easy access. Will fit the Red Sea Max 25 and many other tank sizes. Brand new in box, never used. Dimensions: 31 high, 22 depth, 38 long. Purchased for $270. Looking for $175 or b/o. Joyce
  12. jweisman54

RSM 250 Cabinet

Aquarium cabinet/stand, black, two front doors, 4 inside shelves, large rear opening for easy access. Will fit the Red Sea Max 25 and many other tank sizes. Brand new in box, never used. Dimensions: 31 high, 22 depth, 38 long. Purchased for $270. Looking for $175 or b/o will also post in the...
  13. jweisman54

New to forum

I have a RSM 250, set up for about a month now, 85 lbs of live rock, 50 lbs. live sand. Well cycled....two clowns, 6 striped wrasse, firemouth, 2 pj cardinals, 1 peppermint shrimp, narc snails, algae eating goby (don't know the right name). My question is do you have to keep the water level...
  14. jweisman54

New to saltwater

Hello, My name is Joyce and I am new to saltwater tanks. I have a Red Sea Max 250 which has been set up and running for a little over a month. I currently have 85 lbs of live rock, 50 lbs. of live sand and several fish.