Search results

1. E

Lumentek Pro 240 - Review/First Impressions

A little while ago I ordered a Lumentek Pro 240 from Reef Radiance for my 65g to replace my 2x150w MH & 2x39w T5 setup. I spoke with the owner Rick and had a detailed conversation about my tank and my goals. This is the light he recommended. One of the reasons I went with this light by them...
  2. E

A little help for a noob on a budget??

I have Nikon D5000, a tripod, and the 18-55 kit lens. I can't really spring for a new macro lens right now. Anyone one to give me some tips for getting the most out of what I have now? I have tried shooting in all types of mods but my results were less than stunning. Will using my tripod...
  3. E

Revived my 65g...Finally

After about a year of neglect (no lights/just Koralias to keep it from going stagnant I finally re-did some things and got her running again. First I rebuilt my sump without a fuge. I think think I was getting minimal benifits from it and it made my return are so small I was having to add...
  4. E

Revived my 65g...Finally

After about a year of neglect (no lights/just Koralias to keep it from going stagnant I finally re-did some things and got her running again. First I rebuilt my sump without a fuge. I think think I was getting minimal benifits from it and it made my return are so small I was having to add...
  5. E

Smallish Sump

I used this for a while and it is in great condition. It is made by Pro Clear Aquatic System and measures 20" wide x 10" deep x 16" tall. I cut an area in the intake that fits a 4" filter sock. I am asking $50 shipped OBO
  6. E

Small LED project *Nice Stuff*

I got this stuff from the person I bought my tank from and have not found a use for it. So I have decided to sell it. I have a 8.75" x 4.5" heat sink with 12 Cree XRE stars mounted on it. 6 Royal Blue and 6 White. The blues and whites have been wired separately so they can be controlled...
  7. E

Multiple pairs of Dartfish??

I am on the fence about what I want for my final addition to my tank. I have been looking at Wrasses but have not found one I am in love with yet. Right now I have a pair of normal firefish and am wondering if it would be OK to add another pair from the dartfish family. I was thinking either...
  8. E

Looking for a Wrasse suggestion...

I have decided I want to add a wrasse to my tank. I really like the looks of some of the flasher wrasses, but was talking to someone who has one today and he was complaining that it never flashes and just looks kinda blah most of the time. Can someone suggest a colorful reef safe wrasse to me...
  9. E

Algea on sandbed.... :(

For the past two weeks I have been battling algea on my sand bed. It seems to be in the areas that get the most light. I added more flow to the sandbed area and the helped bust also pushed my sand all over the place. Two days after I moved my powerhead back it returned. I would think 2...
  10. E

Do I have room for one more fish? Suggestion?

I have a 65g with lots of swimming space and hiding places. Right now my stocking list is: 2 Occ Clowns 2 Firefish 1 Dwarf Flame Angel 1 Mandarin 1 Yellow Watchman w/ pistol 1 High Fin Striped Goby w/ pistol (both small) Here is a pick of the tank for reference... I would...
  11. E

2 Dwarf Angels in 65g....Possible?

I have a Flame Angel and would really like to add some yellow to the tank. I would love to add a bicolor angel. How do you think they would get along?
  12. E

So...how long can a fish stay hidden?

I added a High Fin Goby (about 1.5") and a snapping shrimp (about .75") on Saturday. I have been searching for them during feeding and have not seen them once. I can not even find the burrow I suspect they are in. My tank is only a 65g...I would have thought I would have found them by now :(
  13. E

WTB: ATO system

Anyone have one they want to let go.
  14. E

Lets talk ATO systems...

I want to get an ATO system but am a bit overwhelmed at my choices. Money is not really an issue, but I love bang for the buck. Can someone please recommend a good setup for me?
  15. E

OK...I want to add one last fish...please help.

I have a 65g with lots of swimming space and hiding places. Right now my stocking list is: 2 Occ Clowns 2 Firefish 1 Dwarf Flame Angel 1 Mandarin 1 Yellow Watchman w/ pistol I was thinking another Goby/pistol combo or maybe a jawfish. I am completely open to suggestions.
  16. E

Using a Aqueon 20 Power Fillter to run carbon/media

Someone suggested this as a way to run carbon if I did not want to use a reactor. I have a few questions and would love to hear from someone who has done this. Do you put the carbon in a media bag then place it in the power filter? Can I run both carbon and other medias like purigen and...
  17. E

Mandarin that is eating prepared foods.

Like many others I have wanted a Mandarin since I decided to start reefing. My current 65G is about 5 months old. I knew my tank probably did not have the pod population to support one yet. Foolishly I was talked into buying one that was supposedly eating Brine and small sinking pellets...
  18. E

Best way to add carbon without a reactor?

Right now I have a bag of carbon sitting in the return section of my sump. I know this is a very passive way to use. Is there a better way to utilize carbon without a reactor?
  19. E

Would this work as a filter sock?

I have been wanting to try Mesh style filter socks and have a Amazon Gift certificate. The only problem is, I am having trouble finding a 200 micron mesh sock. For my particular setup I don't need a sock with a ring, but if it has it that is ok too. I found this and it sounds like it may...
  20. E

My SWC 150 BMK is tripping my GFI... :(

I woke up this morning to s silent and still tank. :( All of my equipment is running from this external GFI: Shop Shock Buster 6' 4-Outlet 12-Gauge Extension Cord with GFCI Circuit at Lowes.com I have two power strips running from this. In one power strip I have my return pump...