Lets talk ATO systems...

EllisJuan

I want to get an ATO system but am a bit overwhelmed at my choices. Money is not really an issue, but I love bang for the buck. Can someone please recommend a good setup for me?

oakleyx

I love my Tunze ATO. It comes with everything you need and works perfectly with my RSM 250. I had the jbj but it doesn't come with a pump.

twoclowns

I have two tsunami AT1 they are great, and best part is there are no mechanical parts that can fail, or jam up. It works on pressure difference in the sensor tube. Been using them for 4 years or so.

steved13

PREMIUM
I have the Tunze also, works well, components seem high quality. I had 1 pump die, Tunze sent me a replacement very quickly. The magnet mount makes it very easy to install and adjust the water level.

catran

I have a JBJ and the aqualifter isn't enough for me. The reason is that the JBJ has a time limit of 15 minutes and the aqualifter doesn't pump enough water in 15 minutes to fill my tank. The auto shut off is an emergency shut off that prevents floods. Well, that's nice but it will not restart automatically. I recommend you get the Tunze too, wish I had. Since I have a RKL, I'm adding an ATO to it and taking the JBJ off.......

Willie McDaries

here's what I've used for over 3 years without a problem,and I'm sure you'll not beat the price :D

a kent float valve...about $20
HPIM3930.jpg

RO/DI bulkhead,any good on-line fish store that sells RO/DI filters will likely have these,got mine from Marine Depot...less than $5...it doesn't come with the rubber gasket,but Wal-Mart has a repair faucet kits that had a gasket to fit it...
HPIM3927.jpg

5g bucket,couple dollars at Lowes...free after you empty a salt bucket :D
I added a shut-off valve for kicks to mine but it's really not necessary....less than $5
HPIM3932.jpg

and the RO/DI tubing is cheap too,like $0.20 a foot,mine was left over from my RO/DI filter install....I have since replaced the 5g bucket with a bigger container,I got tired of refilling the bucket every day :D
the bucket is higher than the sump so it will gravity feed...I have had my RO/DI filter connected directly to the float valve but that is a disaster waiting to happen :D

knapp870

I have a JBJ ATO with once sensor mounted in the top off reservoir and the other in the sump. I have a random 350 gph pump(or something along those lines) for top off. The sensor in the reservoir ensures that when the water in the top off gets too low that it will shut the pump off and not burn it up. :) Works great, and takes only a couple seconds to refill my sump to the proper level.

yankieman

I have a DIY ATO from AQUA HUB very easy install I used a old small power head I had layin around , a kent marine float from the ro/di unit with 2 5 gal cat little buckets hooked together so I have around 8 gals of top off RO water , I was using 1 to 2 gal per day from evaporation now its staying right on the line I put on sump with a peice of tape and marked it has 2 floats one for normal useage and one for emergency in case first float fails so it actually has a back up float for shut off so far I love it ,

twoclowns

sorry I have been busy put and offer on a house and it got accepted. I use an old maxi jet power head connected it to air line with a valve that is half closed to allow the water to slowly top off my system. The tsunami kicks the pump on off, oh yeah I replaced the suction cup clip with one of those magnetic heater holders to lock it on the correct level.