Search results

1. tucker

Rodi water for freshwater tank?

Was looking to start up a fresh water fish tank. Can I use rodi water for it? Do I have to add anything to it like re-adding minerals or getting ph right or is it fine straight out of the rodi? It’s going to be a fish only no plant tank. Guppies mainly.
  2. tucker

Need help identifying these hitch hikers

Examined my tank today for a bit and found some strange things I have several things that I would love to get some help on identifying. Also if they are good or bad and if bad how to get rid of. Ok so here is the first. Looks like small strings attached to the glass on one side. Don’t see them...
  3. tucker

Coral problems

I had a slight hair algae problem and I also needed to paint the back of my fish tank black so I decided to take off all equipment including the light except the filter for 3 days. I turned back on the light and left it on for like 10 hours accidentally. I usually only have it on 6 hours a day...
  4. tucker

Lowering nitrate media

my nitrates are about 20 ppm I recently finally bought a protien skimmer. Hob reef octopus 1000 for my 20 gallon. I was also thinking about adding a small in tank breeder box of sorts to hang inside tank to grow Chaeto algae in. I also was thinking about adding some de nitrifying media in an old...
  5. tucker

Starving skinny lawnmower blenny

I got a lawnmower blenny about a month ago and he was fat. Now he is super skinny and I’m worried since he doesn’t have much to graze on in my 20 gallon. I tried nori but he doesn’t seem interested may be that my fish and shrimp scare him away as they also go after it. Any ideas on foods or how...
  6. tucker

Adding media bag Inside of Reef Octopus hob 1000

I have a reef octopus 1000 hob skimmer. Can you add bio pellets, activated charcoal, de-nitrate or gfo in a media bag to the one side of the hob skimmer? (I circled the area in green on the picture where it would go). I thought that this unit comes with two pieces (circled in red) that can be...
  7. tucker

How to fix reef octopus impellar rotor

Just bought a used reef octopus 1000 hob. Was loud on startup and external pump rattles a bit. Noticed the impellar is broken inside the pump. It isn’t stabilized because of this and rattles. It’s made of glass. Is there a glass to glass glue I can use that is aquarium safe that can handle the...
  8. tucker

Clear anemone looking thing

Clear anemone looking thing with round white tips on end of tentacle things. There are two of them in the shade under rocks.
  9. tucker

What is this on the bottom moving with the flow

What are these tentacle things moving with the flow just noticed them
  10. tucker

Clearish slime under rocks?

I have this clearish slime stuff on the underside of most my caves and rocks in my tank in the shade. If Never felt it so not sure what if feels like any idea what it is?
  11. tucker

Snail and starfish ID

Over the past few months my snail and baby starfish things have been booming. Are these all good snails and starfish that have been popping up in tank? Think there are 5 or more species prolly. Any exact id’s on any of them?
  12. tucker

Worm thing ID?

Found this when cleaning the crushed coral bed. What is it? Good or bad. If it’s good where should it be placed in the tank? And which end up?
  13. tucker

Clown goby sunken belly

I’ve purchased this guy about a month ago and his belly almost immediately started shrinking. He also has been turning more clear\white and began loosing his yellow color. He does eat when I feed. What could he have?
  14. tucker

How many hermits & snails per gallon

I am having a slight algae problem in my 20 gallon saltwater tank. It has gotten a lot better after many water changes. However I am wondering how many hermits and snails should I add to my tank to finish off the rest of the algae. I have several different types of algae in there at the...
  15. tucker

White furry Hermit

I purchased a dozen blue legged hermits and right before adding them to my tank I noticed this little guy. He is white with some noticeable hairs on his legs. What type of hermit is he? Are all hairy hermits bad? Even though he is really small should I still take him out...
  16. tucker

Reef Sanctuary Rank

I was just curios how one increases their Reef Sanctuary Rank which is under your profile picture.
  17. tucker

Lighting Requirements

I have a 20 gallon reef tank with a Marnineland reef capable LED light 18"-24". I can set what time the blue lights come on, which would be one hour before and one hour after the main white lights. What is the minimum amount of time I can have my lights on to prevent nuisance algae?
  18. tucker

(Hair algae problem) How long to keep on aquarium lights?

I have a twenty gallon tall tank with a marineland reef capable 24-36" LED light as well as one 15 watt 18" T8 that has a blue tone to it like an acentic light. I have recently developed a hair algae problem and have done everything to try to get rid of it but cant. All my levels are at or near...
  19. tucker

Water circulation/power head question

I have a 20 gallon high tank. I have a couple hard corals and many softies. I currently have one small secondnature power filter in the one corner and one 240 hydor in the farthest opposite corner. I wanted to get some more flow, it seems like I have a lot of dead spots. Would you recommend...
  20. tucker

Unique Idea for 14 Gal. BioCube

My buddy asked if I would want to buy his 14 Gal. BioCube for only 40 bucks! Cant really resist an offer like that!! I was wondering what I could do with it that would be unique. Maybe just a specialty tank with only one or two specimens in it. Any Ideas? Could I do angler fish, peacock...