Search results

1. M

ID please

I got this coral 2 yrs back. It claimed that is rainbow monti but now Im doubt. The polyps is purple in color... can anyone help me please? Sorry the coral is a bit brown
  2. M

SPS brown color when PO4 is 0?

Thanks for all reply. My tank is < 24" wide and Im using Vertex Marino Bianco led PO4 = 0 Nitrite = 0 Nitrate = 0 pH 8.1 P.S. I dose Fuel sometimes (twice a week) I suspect the PO4 level just = 0 when there is some macro algae which I agree with some of the replies here
  3. M

SPS brown color when PO4 is 0?

Hi all, I have a tank (30L) with 1 6line wrasse with some SPSs (frags only). These are monti, acropora, dallas..etc I have a Hanna PO4 checker it reads 0 however the corals (most of them) are still brown in color. Except there is 1 red monti still red, rainbow monti polyps is purple but...
  4. M

every sps has color except acro?

Hi all, I have 2 acro colony but they are all brown (or at least one of them has slightly blue tip which Im not sure if due to the lighting or what). The "blue tip" one has PE which in some angle it shows as green color. I also have some monti (superman..etc) they are all having the color it...
  5. M

LED Kelvin temp for coral growth

Thanks.. coz my current LED is 50/50 cool white : royal blue.. so Im quite sure the royal blue is ok but worry about of 7k Cree LED may cause / affect the growth
  6. M

LED Kelvin temp for coral growth

Hi All, I've read some article about the white kelvin temp for coral growth, they said it should be between 6500k and 6700k. My led light is 7000k will that affect the coral growth? I had a look many online shop (in australia) where pretty much all of them are 7000k...
  7. M

KH Calculation

One thing I forgot is that 33.1L is included the displacement of the rocks ...etc (if I use the term correctly) maybe thats why the ans is slightly different
  8. M

KH Calculation

Really thanks again. The value of 2.6L is estimated as I marked the water tank volume by each cm in height.... so yeah maybe thats why the calculation is slightly different. It is helpful
  9. M

KH Calculation

Just wonder in the last step the 31.5 value is a constant?
  10. M

KH Calculation

Thanks so much... couldnt make it work before
  11. M

KH Calculation

Hi all.. Can anyone tell me the forumla how to do the calculation as follow: Tank: 33.1 L Original KH 7.448 (Hanna) Removed water 2.6L to 30.5L Add new water (14.224 KH). i.e. water change and make it back to 33.1L New KH is 8.12 Just wonder what is the formula to calculate the new...
  12. M

ID again please..

thanks everyone, yes it has (many) mouths :)
  13. M

ID again please..

Chalice or monti?
  14. M

Only some of the corals are bleching/ RTN

Yeah.. just got the water ready and will do WC after this post.. I ended up spoke to LFS about the salt. Initially I thought seachem salt is seachem "flatship" product instead of aqua vitro, but then they said aqua vitro is the seachem better product within seachem... however they dont have the...
  15. M

I think so too and I did (partial, around 1/3 with same temp and same pH) too.. but I just dont understand which part of water causing the problem...
  16. M

The water temp is ~ 77'F The temp at my place is around 60.8'F
  17. M

Thanks for your reply first of all, I am not sure if it is the temp issue. However it is winter in here therefore during I setup the new tank I make sure both tank temp are not +/- 2'c diff and I also did water bath for the corals before I moved them to the new tank too. Right now the new tank...
  18. M

I want to provide another information: I got the Seachem Salt after I back from overseas and since then the tank KH dropped significantly (even in old tank). It used to be 11 KH but now only maintain around 9-10. At the same time Ca reading did not drop at all (in both old and new tank). Before...
  19. M

Hi all, I've setup a new (well old tank tho) frag tank using the sand (half old half new), water and same model of power head ..etc from the existing one then I moved frags: Few monti, Few tiny Cluster coral frag (photo http://www.oceanarium.com.au/admin/photos/.CaC_200_IMGP2717.JPG), 2...
  20. M

Do micro bubbles from a protein skimmer annoy anemones and corals???

Thanks... the reason why I think is harm because I saw some bubbles got trapped in the corals like underneath of the acro