Search results

1. C

RODI Unit

Im looking to purchase a RO or RODI unit need some help trying to figure out what brand and type i should get. Ive found 3 stage 4 stage and 3 stage with a pump whats the difference between them all? Don't mean to sound like a noob but ive always bought my water from a LFS, im looking for a...
  2. C

Nitrates

I have a 60 FOWLR that has been up for 2 months had one clown fish in it for most of the 2 months, used water from a reef tank i had to start it. I skim with a reef octopus. Added a foxface almost a week ago. Untill about 2 1/2 ago my nitrates sat at around 0-5 but for the past 2 1/2 weeks...
  3. C

foxface rabbitfish

Well two days ago i bought a one spot foxface did research before i bought it but has anyone had experience with this fish? When the lights are on he just sits in the back corner of the tank and assuming he sees his reflection becuase he is constantly looking at and spiking his spines up not...
  4. C

Looking to get another fish

I have a 60 FOWLR and only have a 2-3 inch black and white false percula. Im looking to get another fish, any suggestions? Ive looked at the huma huma trigger and ive been thinking about hat one.
  5. C

light fixture for FOWLR

i was looking for something that will give good color and my tank is 24inches deep so i was also looking for something with a little bit of output. Any suggestion on light then?
  6. C

light fixture for FOWLR

sorry about that
  7. C

light fixture for FOWLR

Aquarium Lighting T5 Fluorescent Light Fixture: AquaticLife T5 HO Dual Lamp Light Fixtures Aquarium Light Fixtures: Coralife Aqualight HO T-5 Dual Lamp Aquarium Light Fixture
  8. C

light fixture for FOWLR

Well ive been looking for about 2 weeks for a 2 bulb T5HO light for my 60 FOWLR and have found two http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...4&pcatid=22134 and http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...9&pcatid=21969 Does anyone know of any other 2 bulb T5HO light fixtures? Any idea's on the...
  9. C

powerheads and positioning

well i have two koralia 750's in the tank now and i have a koralia 1 and a koralia nano 425 sitting around should i throw those in there? Also the 60 has been up for two weeks with the establised water and rock from the 29 i did tests today and Ammonia - 0 Nitrite - 0 and Nitrate - 10
  10. C

powerheads and positioning

Alright i just started a 60 FOWLR with establised water from a 29 reef that was going for 2 years and about 40 lbs of live rock from that tank. I have Two Koralia 750's and a reef octopus skimmer BH 1000 that suppose to put out 250 so that 1750 GPH total. First do you think that is to much...
  11. C

question on cycle

i have one clown in there so far
  12. C

question on cycle

another question when should i start skimming my tank?
  13. C

question on cycle

Well its kinda on the cycle but since im tranferring everything out of an 1.5 year established 29 gallon reef the water and the 35lbs of rock do you think it would be ok to transfer my clown fish also to the 60 gallon or will it effect my fish? I need the water out of the 29 and the rock so i...
  14. C

question on salt

cool i had alot of people tell me to get reef crytals but i dont need my calc high and i know if has magnesium in it too but since im doing fish only i thought that regualr instant ocean would be fine thanks for your help
  15. C

question on salt

Im starting a 60 FOWLR ive always used instant ocean or preferred instant ocean. Do you think regular instant ocean in the purple container would be ok for a FOWLR or would Reef crystals be better i already have the regular instant ocean just trying to get some advice thanks.
  16. C

Light fixtures

Im starting a FOWLR and im looking for a cheap t5 light fixture just to make the fishes color pop does anyone know of any? thanks for the help
  17. C

Using live rock in cycle

No im not keeping both tanks, i planned on using the rock out of the reef tank about 35 lbs and using all new substrate and all new water for the 60 gallon plus im going to buy about 30-40lbs of dead base rock
  18. C

Using live rock in cycle

what type of substrate did you use?