Search results

1. M

* Begginer LEDs* for old type RSM 250

Hi everybody, I have an older type RSM250, all T5s with hood. The ballast in the center (used by the third and fourth bulb) just failed, and we have been thinking it might be a good opportunity to "try out" LEDs. This is my "relaxed" tank, mostly softies with some LPSs, nothing tricky or...
  2. M

Pairing fire shrimps

Hi All, I have a fire shrimp that I love in my 65G, he has been there about 8 months. I would love to have a pair of them. I know they are hermaphrodites - but does it mean that if I buy another one they would pair up for sure? Or they could be fighting? I saw a pair of fire shrimps once on...
  3. M

Replacement blast for RSM 250

Hi All, I have a Red Sea Max 250 purchased in 2011, with T5 hood. Looks like of the three ballasts stoped working. Does anyone know if that work as the balast: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/2x24w-2x39w-t5-high-output-ballast-ati.html or maybe somebody can share what replacement balast work...
  4. M

RSM250 Flow question

Hi All, I have read threads about flow here, I know most people are adding pumps, I have a couple of Koralia on hands. I think that my main problem, though, is that the flow from the main RSM250 (on the left in the pic) is wasted. The problem is that I have Aquaroche Tower on the left that is...
  5. M

RSM250 stocking question

Hi, Would be grateful for help with stocking. I am re-starting my RSM250, have already 3 fish: 1. Occ. clownfish (about 1.5", rather peaceful) 2. Gold-headed (sandsifting) goby (2.5-3", doing well, had it >2months) 3. Firefish (regular) (2", for about 1 month) Other livestock: 1. Large fire...
  6. M

RBTA under stock lights in RSM 250?

Hello, The fellow reefer wants to give me as a trade RBTA - I have RSM 250 with stocks lights. Do you think RBTA will be OK with that? Any success stories or comments? Thanks, Magick