Search results

1. Sweet Reef

chalices? montiporas? acans?

I have these available. Pics are from 2 weeks ago. Rose Chalice (approx 1") $35ea Lrg Rainbow Monti (LRG Disk) $25ea [B]Lrg Superman Monti (LRG Disk) $25ea
  2. Sweet Reef

Carbon

I recently purchased a huge box of carbon and have plenty to offer to anyone needing any. This is some awsome stuff and absolutly the cleanest carbon I have ever seen. You will not be disapointed! Food grade quality, 6x18 partical size. 3lbs for $15
  3. Sweet Reef

The 200+ Club

Here is where I started SW 4yrs ago. 120g of fun, but as is with this hobby....I now am addicted. I know, I know..the first step is admitting it right? Now heres my brand new 4 week old 220g. I transfered my prior 120g into. I added a new sandbed and a new 6080 to go along with my...
  4. Sweet Reef

Acrylic Tank Question

Here is a link to the tank in question. I think the price is right and I really liked the stand. But..Im going to shy away from it. Ive also changed my mind on going to acrylic..Im going to go with glass for sure. 180 Gallon ACRYLIC AQUARIUM & OAK STAND Fish Tank NICE! - eBay (item...
  5. Sweet Reef

Spectrapure LiterMeter 3 Remote Pump

You could try calling Spectapure. They are pretty helpful in answering questions I have had in the past. But I believe you are correct that the litermeter remote pump will only work with the litermeter system. Im a bit surprised that the stock osmolator pump wouldnt pump that high. I also...
  6. Sweet Reef

My new Sump Room

Thanks Steve & JOJO... I really have enjoyed having it and would never want to go back to the ol-50g under the DT I had before...what a pain that was compaired to now! lol Concerning the TDS creep..well if you look in one of the pics there is a salt bucket on my shelf. Inside that I have a...
  7. Sweet Reef

Acrylic Tank Question

I found a 180g 72x24x24 acrylic tank that I really like online. The previous owner bought it new 7yrs ago and had it up and running for 4 of them. He couldnt remember the manufacturer on the tank but said that he remembers "Integraded Plastics" having something to do with the manufacturers name...
  8. Sweet Reef

My new Sump Room

Thanks everyone for all the praise... Its much appreciated!!! It really was a "labor of love". I really enjoyed doing it. With future plans of going to a larger tank I wanted to get this up and running first. I fugure it will make things so much easier when I do the teardown and switch over...
  9. Sweet Reef

My new Sump Room

Naaa...I have no issues with it..was just curious is all. I would never put anything on the internet that I had to worry about. Enjoy em!!
  10. Sweet Reef

My new Sump Room

Hey BigAl...how did you get access to that pic? I never posted it???
  11. Sweet Reef

My new Sump Room

Actually I tested this a few times by simulating a power outage. I had originally planned ahead and left about 5" of room in the sump and fuge to avoid a overflow. I also ran a 1.5" PVC line between the sump and fuge to double protect myself (per Tbittner recommondation) but I was very...
  12. Sweet Reef

My new Sump Room

13. Sweet Reef

My new Sump Room

Theres just gotta be one :jester: in every crowd...lol
  14. Sweet Reef

My new Sump Room

LOL...I WAS WAITING FOR THIS QUESTION TO COME ALONG!! Actually, Ive already been shopping and got the go ahead from the better half. Im just sockin it away so I can pay cash for it..Im also planning on building my own stand for it...LFS wants $1200 ducks for it!!! I figure around $300 out the...
  15. Sweet Reef

My new Sump Room

I havent noticed any yet..the room has a door on it that Im keeping shut. The room isnt air tight by any means but I think it helps to have it closed off. I ran the dehumidifier constantly all night and all day today then set the humidity control on it to 60% and its turning itself off and on...
  16. Sweet Reef

My new Sump Room

Thanks! Just picked up a big dehumidifier yesterday and the basement feels dry as a bone today. I do plan on adding a exhaust vent in time.
  17. Sweet Reef

My new Sump Room

First I have to give wome credit where credit is due...This is all becuase of the day I signed on and spotted tbittners thread on his basement set up...Thanks for everything Terry! Well...after about 3 weeks of planning, cutting, building walls, gluing PVC, routing a couple 20 amp GFI...
  18. Sweet Reef

Pipe friction question..

I understand what you are saying about using a "T". Your right about getting to worked up over it. Ive been debating for days over which pump and what size line to use. I just dont want to buy a pump and get it all plumbed in only to find out its not putting out enough.
  19. Sweet Reef

Pipe friction question..

Boomer In your experience what size outlet pipe would you suggest for this application? Everything Ive read suggests going to a larger pipe Dia is better. But Ive also ready where this doesnt apply to pressure rated pumps so much. Do the Sequence pump charts reflect using the pumps outlet...
  20. Sweet Reef

Pipe friction question..

Thank you Boomer!