Search results

1. G

Nano Heater?

Thanks for the good info guys!
  2. G

Nano Heater?

I have a 9 gallom Eheim rimless LED tank and its starting to get cold here at night in Northern Florida. My tank typically stays the temp of my house b/c the LEDs put off no heat. I am worried that when my house dips down into the 60's at night as the winter progesses my tank will as well...
  3. G

FiRe's Rimless 120g

Where did you get the frag shelf? Looks good!
  4. G

Gator rsm130 tank thread

Unfortunelty I had to sell the tank b/c it crashed over winter break b/c I had to let my roommate watch the tank for a few weeks. When I got back pretty much everything was dead b/c he didnt know what he was doing plus didnt really care that much I guess, I dunno. I decided to just focus on law...
  5. G

FS: Red SeaMax 130(34 gal) w/ stand

Sold, sold, sold!
  6. G

FS: Red SeaMax 130(34 gal) w/ stand

Located in Gainesville, FL. I am selling my Red Sea Max 130(34 gallon) with stand. These are the rolls royce of nano tanks and are literally plug and go. I have made several upgrades to the tank with the help of the Red Sea Max owners forum on this website, and if you want to see some of these...
  7. G

Gator rsm130 tank thread

UPDATE: I've been super busy as finals are next week and I am a law student, so I haven't had the time to up keep the tank as much as I like. Well a few days ago I finally confirmed I have a Mantis shrimp b/c my sleeper goby disapeared, and now my tank is having a cyno breakout b/c of the rise...
  8. G

Gator rsm130 tank thread

Thanks, its coming along slowly. I want to move some stuff around some more. I want to move the galxia off the rock to the right b/c he takes up too much space with his sweepers, I can't put anything on that rock with him. The floating rock on the right has alot of space that I want to take...
  9. G

Gator rsm130 tank thread

So I did some rearranging of my rock scape, b/c I just can't help myself. I also added another small live rock that fit what I wanted. There are some more changes coming in the future as I want to add one more piece of lr when I find the right shape and size. But this is what I got for now. I...
  10. G

CORALS: Bottom, Mid, Top

So I may just be thinking out loud here, but recently as im starting to get more and more corals I find myself thinking about what I will get next and where I can put it in my tank. I realize that there is lots of info online about what certain types of coral require/like, but every tank is...
  11. G

Gator rsm130 tank thread

Thanks. I guess im gonna try a trap for the next few nights. The one where you cut a water bottle in half and flip the top upside down. I already know that my clowns are going to swim in there though.
  12. G

Gator rsm130 tank thread

The guy at my LFS says that pistols typically burrow in the sand bed and it looks like my guy is burrowing in the rock. But I wont know for sure until I get a positive ID on him. I look every night with my flashlight atleast 10 diff times and I haven't seen him once in the few months i've had...
  13. G

Gator rsm130 tank thread

So i've been in denial for awhile now, and I did not do any research until tonight, but i've heard stories about the dreaded mantis shrimp. Well I got one in my tank clicking away and now im on the hunt big time. I think I know where he is hiding out b/c everyday there is a pile of debris that...
  14. G

Has anyone used black substrate?

I currently have white, but I am contemplating adding some black with it. Can anyone find any pictures of a mixed subtrate tank???
  15. G

Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

Thats ridiculous
  16. G

Return pump replacement options?

The eheim pumps allow for you to adjust the flow so make sure they are all the way open to get max flow. I am seeing ~30% more flow over the stock pumps with the eheims, but I have never had brand new, out of the box, stock pumps so who knows. But I highly reccomend this mod!
  17. G

feeding zoas?

Cool thanks for the info!
  18. G

feeding zoas?

Do you all spot feed your zoas and if so how? They are so small i dont think they could really close up on a piece of myasis like my acans do. There are so many small heads it seems best to just use a turkey baster and squirt food at them, but then the fish eat it all.
  19. G

Gator rsm130 tank thread

Ya they all get along real well, No issues at all! One more pic