Search results

1. M

Doing more harm than good?

Glad to hear the fish is happy in it's new home. Hopefully you will never see the nasty ich again! I had to chime in after reading this post. Ich is treated with copper. Copper will absorb into the rock you place in the QT tank. The rock should not be placed back in your main tank if it's...
  2. M

aiptasia

It should suck up and die pretty quickly.
  3. M

aiptasia

Did you squirt this in the water or inject the aiptasia with a syringe? http://www.petmountain.com/show_product/11442-514115/?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=datafeed&utm_term=11442-514700
  4. M

borosilicate glass frag plugs

I hope I can give these a try!
  5. M

what is my torch coral doing?

+1 on frogspawn.
  6. M

Colonial Hydroids

Good evening everyone. I am trying to find the best way to rid my tank of colonial hydroids. I have a few small colonies (dime sized) on the rocks in one corner of my tank. Based off what I have read, there is nothing to kill them except letting the rock bake in the sun for a week. Should...
  7. M

New refugium but no more Copepods

Give it time my friend... give it time...
  8. M

Who is going to the Frag Swap on Nov 12th?

Home The CMAS club is coming up for it.
  9. M

Who is going to the Frag Swap on Nov 12th?

I should be coming up from MD. I am excited! Any other RS members going?
  10. M

Take a Look what $10 can you get you!!

Buy online and select store pickup. The coral then needs to move from the farm to the store so give them a day or two before pickup.
  11. M

T5 Light Bulbs suggestions!!

I run a 8x 54w t5 system and use the following 3x ATI Blue + 2x ATI Aquablue Special 2x ATI Purple + 1x ATI True Actinic. Everything looks great, although Coraline doesn't pop as much as I would like it to.
  12. M

Salty’s Reef – 75 gallon upgrade from a biocube 8 and 14

Congrats! What are you doing with the two smaller tanks?
  13. M

anemone ID and help

Here is a link to a similar coral: Plate Coral, Long Tentacle "It should be fed micro-plankton or brine shrimp."
  14. M

anemone ID and help

Is the 3rd pic the same fungia / plate coral in the first picture? I have seen long tentacled plate corals before. Are you feeding it?
  15. M

Rewiring a t5 fixture

Success! thank you so much.
  16. M

Rewiring a t5 fixture

Sure does. I will let you know how it goes.
  17. M

Rewiring a t5 fixture

(when you say "braided" do you mean stranded and when you say "straight" do you mean solid) Yes and Yes. Take a look at the first picture on this thread. The stranded one is the white fuzzy one in the back (attached to the switch) and the solid white is in the front. Here is a picture I have...
  18. M

Rewiring a t5 fixture

the dark blue cord connects to the unit's housing, so that is the ground. Both power cords teal grounds should then attach to blue ground wire in the first picture then? I am left with the power cords black and white wire, a braided white wire attached to the switch, and a straight white...
  19. M

Rewiring a t5 fixture

Yes, there is a switch. One for each of the two ballasts. I was thinking the two green wires (one per cord) would link the blue ground. Not right?
  20. M

Rewiring a t5 fixture

I am not looking for the wiring to the bulbs, but to the power cord. I found some wiring diagrams here: Atlanta Light Bulbs, Inc. - Fulham Workhorse Wiring Diagrams but I am still lost :(