Search results

1. S

ASM G3 parts

Woodstock, I checked and they don't carry this part. If no one has the part specs, I will take the tubing and go to Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Thanks, Safedad
  2. S

ASM G3 parts

I have a used ASM G3 skimmer. Does anyone know the dimensions for the o-rings or a source that lists them for sale? The overflow tube o-ring split when I pulled out the overflow tube to put my valve modification in. Thanks, Safedad
  3. S

Snelly's 90g Reef-O-Rama

Re: New Set Up Underway I just got a used ASM G-3. What depth do you run yours at? Thanks, Safedad
  4. Is there a canyon behind the aquarium?

Is there a canyon behind the aquarium?

A raccoon butterflyfish and regal tang appear to be swimming in front of a canyon beyond the live rock. The reflection of the camera flash has created the image of a canyon beyond the rocks.
  5. S

A white minefield/puff ball

No, don't think so. I took your suggestion and did a search. The closest thing I came to was tetilla zetlandica. It is more like a white puff ball with little puff balls hanging onto it. Fish, snails, crabs, shrimp, and now sponges! What an interesting hobby. Thanks, Bob
  6. S

A white minefield/puff ball

I added a piece of rock a few weeks back. There is something white growing on it. One of my peppermints ate about half of it the first day. It has grown back and now has spikes with small puff balls on the end. Rminds me of pictures of an underwater explosive in a minefield. It is about...
  7. S

Water Flow

I would like to move from FOWLR to adding corals. I am working on upgrading my lights and have good resources to read to figure that out. I haven't found a good source on water flow. Some corals need high, some medium, and some low. would someone point me to some resources and determining...
  8. S

new snail

Sorry, my camera will only get soooo close and I can't post a high resolution pic that can be zoomed. That would be hoot if it was a turbo, with all my turbo shells around the tank (probably because of insufficient acclimation).
  9. S

new snail

Can anyone identify the small snail on the turbo shell? I have six of these snails that have shown up. They are growing pretty quickly, as well. They clean o the rocks, shells, and the glass. I don't know if they came in with a group of Ceriths that I got or hatched. I have or have had...
  10. S

CPR Bak Pak input location

A few more years and it will be an antique! Worth some money then! Well I have already moved the intake to the other side. Could I insert a venturi at this depth and have it make more bubbles?
  11. S

I was able to add a photo of the discharge in the photo gallery. Just a bit or two too many to attach. I shrink them down to 640X480 but not quite enough, using a free copy of Infraview.
  12. Old CPR discharge

Old CPR discharge

13. skimmer intake and supply

skimmer intake and supply

I have moved the intake for the CPR skimmer
  14. skimmer intake and supply

skimmer intake and supply

I have moved the intake for the CPR skimmer
  15. S

Mine looks like that except for the discharge. It is probably old, I got it used. I have some pictures but they are too big. I will work on getting some free software to reduce them. I am having some difficulty getting the airflow right. Can't find a venturi locally (Cary/Raleigh, NC) so...
  16. S

My return is angled plexiglas which splashes all over. I made a plexiglas box with holes in the bottom to hold a filter pad (calms the splashing and most of the bubbles). I tried making the bio ball needle wheel and it didn't work (bubbles were bigger). Having it at 15+" down I think makes a...
  17. S

I purchased the body of a CPR-Bak Pak when I got a free 55g tank. I have added a 1200 Maxi-jet to run it. I drilled a hole in the input screen and inserted an airline. It seemed to be working very well (better than the airstones I had routed into the intak chamber). Then I added something to...
  18. S

Perculas with whitish mouth

Quick update - both Percs are doing fine and coloring looks good
  19. Getting blotchy on his head

Getting blotchy on his head

Should I be concerned about the blotchy head. Cleaner shrimp and Angel are best buddies. Angel's behavior is good, good appetite, picks at the rocks all around the tank (and especially the star serpent when he ventures out).
  20. S

Sump baffle height

Dave, Right! I am assumming taller is better, provides most options later on. I will go with 14" then. I calculate that I have 1.6 gallons for every inch of the tank- (30X12X1)/231. At 14" the sump could hold between 4.8 gal and 6.4 gal of backflow when I shut off the pump. Thanks for the...