Search results

1. wonderloss

Need help with identifying a hitchiker

Sounds like a bristleworm.
  2. wonderloss

Kangen Water

Looks like a bunch of meaningless technobabble and quackery.
  3. wonderloss

Reef Temperature

Mine is kept between ~79 - 82. I live in Florida, so it is hard to keep it cooler without a chiller. I use a controller that turns on a fan when it gets warm and turns on the heater when it gets to cool.
  4. wonderloss

Cat tried to make fish soup

I just thought I would relate a story. This happened about a month ago. I got home from work and was looking at my tank. The frog spawn frag, which I had gotten about a month before that, was badly deflated. I looked around a little more, and noticed that all my zoanthids were closed, my...
  5. wonderloss

Unique Inverts

You literally never see them.
  6. wonderloss

Clowns & Lions - Can They Co-exist?

I think if I were to get a lion, it would be the only inhabitant in its aquarium. I doubt I would even do any coral, just the fish and live rock.
  7. wonderloss

Clowns & Lions - Can They Co-exist?

Another thing to consider is that, despite their predatory nature, lionfish do not deal well with aggressive tankmates. I l believe some of the larger clowns can get territorial, so you may end up having a problem with clowns nipping at the lionfish.
  8. wonderloss

GSP is no longer green???

I have had similar issues with some of my zoanthids being a bit too prolific. A few weeks back I finally pruned some of the less desirable colonies, especially where they were starting to overgrow my orange ricorida. I will probably get in there again soon and hit some other spots, but I did not...
  9. wonderloss

Anemone in SPS tank survive?

I am not sure, but the bigger concern might be damage to the SPS from the anemone wandering around and stinging the coral.
  10. wonderloss

LifeReef experience...

Re: LifeReef BAD experience... He reduced the restocking fee from 20% to 10%, so quit complaining. Expecting him to cover the $57.81 spent on shipping, when there was no sale, is completely unreasonable.
  11. wonderloss

Bubble Algae

I have never heard of Erythromycin for this. Wouldn't this harm the bacteria that are responsible for denitrificiation?
  12. wonderloss

Wet/dry filter water level help

You say the water level is lowering in the sump, is it increasing in the display tank? How fast is the water level dropping? It will drop over time due to evaporation, and it needs to be replaced with RO/DI water. I have a 75 gallon aquarium, and I probably replace 3-4 gallons a day.
  13. wonderloss

Aiptasia X? Does it kill other anemones?

If you avoid getting the product on the LTA, there should not be a problem. I have used it in a tank with a few BTA, and there have not been any issues. Direct contact might damage the anemone, though.
  14. wonderloss

Advice needed.

Was it alive? If not, it might have just been a discarded exoskeleton from a molt.
  15. wonderloss

Need some help with these :)

The green ones are a type of macroalgea, Nemoeris annulata. Some people do not like them, but I do not think they are harmful.
  16. wonderloss

Fish Names

Yellow Leaffish--Buddy Picasso Trigger--Pablo Kole Tang--Tyrone Yellow Tang--Polly Clownfish--never got a name, though she is the first fish I got.
  17. wonderloss

calcium question

Ionic calcium is free, dissolved calcium, as opposed to solid, elemental calcium, or calcium that is part of another compound.
  18. wonderloss

Udotea

I have some in my aquarium. At least, I think that is what this is. The fish do not seem to touch it. I pulled out a lot recently, but I left some. It looks nice, and it does not grow too quickly in my experience.
  19. wonderloss

Bristole Worm Help...

I have no experience with trying to trap them myself. However, I have heard of people putting shrimp or some other type of food in a stocking and suspending that in the tank at night. The bristleworms will crawl onto the stocking to get to the food, and you can pull out the stocking to remove...
  20. wonderloss

Shamu not very friendly

If killer whale does not get the point across, I do not think deadly whale will do much better.