Search results

1. Alien2100

Adding new flow to my tank, Tunze or Vortech?

Seems to be a very popular forum topic, but I figured I'd ask and hope to learn a little more in doing so. Recently I've been doing a lot of research on adding more random flow to my 92 gal corner tank. And I do mean a lot, :lol: (last three months of watching videos, reading articles &...
  2. Alien2100

By chance is anyone using the 7096 Multicontroller from Tunze?

Over the years as my tanks been growing with more and more corals, I've started to see the need for more random & turbulant water flow. More random than what I feel my Hydor's are currently providing. So over the last two months I've been researching a number of choices and manufactures...
  3. Alien2100

LED Questions

I'd like to get a few opinions on different LED light sets that fellow Reef Sanctuary members are using. I'm looking at options for actinic supelment on my 90gal corner and moonlighting on my 30gal tall. My 30gal uses four 24 watt 22" T5HO's in a mix of 10k and 420/460nm with a single 1 watt...
  4. Alien2100

baking soda for a buffer

So, today I ran out of my Kent Reef Buffer. However I remember reading several authors talking about using normal baking soda has a buffer rather than a commercial brand. So I figured before buying more I'd ask opinions and see if anyone else used baking soda rather than a commercial buffer...
  5. Alien2100

Refugium Lighting?

Just curios what people use for refugium lighting. I just set up a new fuge and currently I'm using a clip on shop light you get from Lowes with a Coralife 20watt 50/50, however I'm thinking I could do better. Honestly I'm thinking just using a different bulb would help. I want to say I've...
  6. Alien2100

Cleaning Filter Socks?

So I've never had a system that used a filter sock, and now that I do I'm curios to see how everyone cleans there's. Currently I'm using a PM 100 micro filter sock and to clean it I'm just running it under water inside out and squeezing it clean, or as clean as i can get it. But are there any...
  7. Alien2100

Substrate ?

So, I've been making a number of changes to my tank recently. One of which is going to be new subtrate. For years I've been running with crushed coral, it's done fine. But now I'm looking to go with fine sand for a deep sand bed, so I figured I'd get a few opinions of what people like to use...
  8. Alien2100

SWC skimmers/custom sumps

A few of you my know I've been looking and talking about doing a few upgrades to my 92 gallon corner tank. Well I finally went ahead and ordered everything today. I wanted to make a small tread because I plan on posting pics of every stage of the upgrade. Plus, about a few things SWC (Salt Water...
  9. Alien2100

First Class Service After The Sale...AquaticLife

I thought I'd bring up something you don't always hear about and rarely see. Quality service after a sale, really above and beyond what I would expect. Last night I noticed my 24" AquaticLife T5 fixture on my 30 gal tank was flickering a bit. I thought great there goes another $40 bucks for...
  10. Alien2100

Skimmer Upgrade???

I'm currently considering upgrading my ASM G1 skimmer. And I thought I'd ask a for few opinions or ideas. I've had the ASM on my 90gal for a few years now, and while undersized it's done okay. I would consider the tank to be a heavier bio load, consisting of a Sail Fin Tang, Yellow Tang, 2...