Search results

1. T

I really like your write up about zoas. Very informative. Do you have any rough numbers to...

I really like your write up about zoas. Very informative. Do you have any rough numbers to amount of lighting (par) or water flow. I have a small tank that is 35x15x12t. I have a koralia nano and a k1 in there for flow. Lighting is LED that puts 80 par max on the sand bed. Some of my zoas...
  2. T

20 gallon

I have a 20 long and I run 4 X 24 ho t5. Only 96 watt. They keep all the corals colorful and I even have 2 SPS in (Ponapes Birdsnest and the Idaho Grape). They also have all their color, and growing well. I run the GLO brand bulbs and Coralife.
  3. T

prettiest coral Ive seen

The birds nest like other SPS would need higher lighting than the power compacts could provide. Halide or T5 would be good. If these don't get enough light they tend to stay brown and it takes a long time to color up if moved back under halide.
  4. T

Algae

Can anyone tell me a good way to get rid of this turf algae. I got these frags a couple months ago from Juicy Corals and I haven't been able to rid them of this algae they came with. The frag is the one on the left. These are suppose to be the Fire and Ice Zoas The one in the front...
  5. T

best budget HOB skimmer

I too run an Aqua c remora. Works great as long as the tank is full of water. The preskimmer box is a must with this skimmer though.
  6. T

Hello from CA

Thanks for all the welcomes. As far as frags, I am currently growing zoas, several varieties, I am getting a few frags on Thursday from AquaSD. Looks like good stuff. I will try to post pics once i get them.
  7. T

Coral Confusion!

Some great starter corals are mushroom as previously stated. Also zoanthids, Pulsing xenia, and kenya tree corals. These are all soft coral and the power compact lighting of that biocube will be able to sustain long term. Hope this helps.
  8. T

Hello from CA

Just wanting to hello. I currently have a 20 long frag tank and will hopefully soon putting up my 75.