Search results

1. A

My very own 250!!!

Finally!! :) Last night I moved the livestock into my RSM250. The water was clear and nice when I came home from work, so there was nothing more to be waiting for. I think everything went fine, and I could see nemo was excited about getting a new playground. He played in the current from...
  2. A

My very own 250!!!

Thanks, but there's no hurry, I'll be off to bed in an hour and then I wont be able to do anything again before tomorrow at 7pm (now it's 9.05pm), so I'll just let it stand doing the job itself... :) Bought a new circulation pump, the Koralia 2800 Evolution, seems to work very nice. I missed...
  3. A

My very own 250!!!

Before I started... Hmmm... where are my rocks...? There will be no moving tonight... have to wait until tomorrow...
  4. A

My very own 250!!!

Yes, but you don't go to the cinema to see it! ;) I love your norwegian, fun you guys try to write in my language :) Excellent = Utmerket = Correct! (=Korrekt!) :)
  5. A

My very own 250!!!

Haha! :bouncer: "kinofilmene" means movies (at a cinema)... so you'll have to wait a bit for those... ;) "bildene" (the pictures) are coming in a few minutes, but I'm not sure there'll be a moving tonight anyway - the sand made the water so cloudy... have to see if it gets clearer in an hour...
  6. A

My very own 250!!!

Just checked dhl.com for my package and it has arrived at my local post office, will pick it up tonight (norwegian time). That means there should be pictures here in about 7-9 hours, Glenn :jumprope: I've decided to take my pretty, little, (innocent :makefun: ) blue Damsel with me, the...
  7. A

My very own 250!!!

New test results: Temp: 26 Celsius ;) Salinity: 1.025 (Pinpoint monitor) ;) Kh: 8 (JBL) ;) pH: 8,25 (Pinpoint monitor) ;) Ammonia: 0 (Salifert) ;) Nitrite: 0 (Salifert) ;) Nitrate: 0 (Salifert) ;) Phosphate: 0 (Salifert) ;) Calsium: 370 (Salifert) :dunno: Magnesium: 1400...
  8. A

My very own 250!!!

New tests... we're getting there! :bouncer: Temp: 26 Celsius Salinity: 1.025 (Pinpoint monitor) Kh: 7 (JBL) pH: 7,93 (Pinpoint monitor) Ammonia: 0 (Salifert) Nitrite: 0 (Salifert) Nitrate: 0 (Salifert) Phosphate: 0,03 (Salifert) Calsium: 370 (Salifert) Magnesium: 1400 (Salifert)...
  9. A

My very own 250!!!

New update... The brown algaes are here and seems like they've reached the peak - now there's a few places where the LR is nice and clean. I've got a few "dots" of green "hairy" algae, but I think the cycle will be done in a week or two. Will add pictures when I find the camera.... :) But as...
  10. A

PinPoint Salinity Monitor's ?

I also have the salinity monitor - it's excellent!!! Perfect wedding gift?? ;)
  11. A

My very own 250!!!

Thanks, I haven't really noticed the level indicator on the left side... :lookaroun Regarding the bracket, I think I'll try to get a hold of one as you say. Seems to be more solid attachment than my blue sponge balance game... :) The hole into the media chamber is probably blocked already...
  12. A

My very own 250!!!

Will raise the salinity slowly. Calcium is a bit low, would you recommend Kalkwasser in the top off water? I've been considering it, but I haven't got a plan for how to do it.... I've planned to use my nano as a freshwater reservoir in the cabinet. Is it possible to just add some teaspoons of...
  13. A

My very own 250!!!

I knew about the salinity, but there's no hurry, I'll just add some saltwater instead of freshwater when I top off the tank in the beginning... Kh will be tested tonight. I do have some Kh buffer somewhere just in case. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :) Hope you'll have a fantastic...
  14. A

My very own 250!!!

Did some testing tonight: Temp: 27 Celsius Salinity: 1.022 pH: 8,05 Ammonia: 0 Nitrite: 0,1 Nitrate: 5 Phosphate: 0,03 Calsium: 370 Forgot Kh, but it should be OK when pH is around 8...? Seems like cycle hasn't really started yet? There's come a rusty layer of algea on the rocks...
  15. A

My very own 250!!!

Need help with skimmer... Does anybody have the Deltec MC500 skimmer and want to help me?? :help: I don't understand how to adjust the air tube correctly. When I open it fullly the bubbles overflow the skimmer cup in seconds, just can't be right. And when I adjust the air inlet the...
  16. A

My very own 250!!!

Hi LPSMonSter, I've understood that I was a bit to optimistic regarding my fish list... :) But there's plenty of time to figure out what fish to add, so it's not my top priority right now... In a few weeks (hopefully) I'll start adding some fish. Thanks for your response.
  17. A

My very own 250!!!

Thanks guys! :) How much sand / substrate do you guys use? I'd like a layer of 3-5 cm (1-2 inches) of in example the Fiji Pink from Carib Sea. How many kilos / pounds do I need?
  18. A

My very own 250!!!

I used three pvc pipes (12mm) (vertical - left, center and right) and used zip strips/cable ties to fasten the horizontal laying rocks and some of the small rocks on the left side. No epoxy used, but I'm sure they're well secured.