Search results

1. G

Cooton wool like growth on live rock

Hi all, I have this growing on the live rock for a while, it looks like cotton wool growth . Its about two inches wide buy three inches high. Im wondering if its a egg sack? I have noticed two new crabs wandering around but I am un able to catch them or take any pics, but they look...
  2. G

Tunze 9002 and intank media basket and cup for 9002

Hi all, I have desided to take out my 9002 skimmer, I just couldnt get on with it. Its only 2 months old if that. I have gone back to the stock skimmer, can anyone recomend a external skimmer? mabe one I can fit in the cabinet? Also I want to change my salt, at the moment I use Tetra...
  3. G

water Quality Help (Nitrate)

Hi all, Can you help? Noticed my sand shifter star looked ill, he looked like he had been attacked. I do have a small crab I am trying to catch, about the size of a small finger nail but he likes to hide by my bubble anenome. I checked my water just in case and 0 Ammonia, Nitrite...
  4. G

Rsm Cod

Hi all, I have just recieved my media chamber from Steve T and will be fitting it tonight with my Tunze 9002. I have seen somewhere that the ceramic tubes from the COD have been taken out? if so why and were they replaced with anything? If there are any hints or tips on fitting the...
  5. G

algie blene

My Blene has got a white spot on his neck area, it just looks like a white spot. apart from that hes fine, I noticed it yesterday. Has anyone got any ideas on what it is or how it can be treated? Thanks Graham
  6. G

Tunze 9002 and ro di filter

Hi, I am thinking of changing my stock skimmer for a 9002 and media basket. But was wondering if it is much better than the stock one in the 130d? Also I am thinking of getting a RO DI filter for around £100-150ish, but not sure which one to get? does anyone have any recomendations? Im...
  7. G

Algie?ea weed?

Hi all, I have this plant looking thing growing on one of my rocks I have let it grow as I didnt know what it is. But not its starting to grow on my other rocks and I dont know how to get rid of it. All my levels are ok, I do a 20% water change each week. The LFS sugested getting a...
  8. G

3 inch crab id please

Found this wandering tank. Free to good home. Thanks Graham
  9. G

Found 3 inch crab in tank, what is it?

Hi all, I managed to capture this crab in my RedSea max 130D Anybody know what type of crab it is? and I take it its not safe to put it back in? Thanks Graham
  10. G

Pistol Shrimp and Goby

Hi all, I live in sunny South Wales in U.K. I am trying to find somewhere that sells Pistol Srimps and Goby for my tank. I have been to a couple in Cardiff and Cwmbran but they only order them in on reqest. I would like to see them before I part with my cash, incase I dont like them...
  11. G

Home made food.

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone makes there own fish food? I was in a lfs the other day and a member of staff was going around feeding the fish with mixture uf cut up shrimp, prawns and other stuff. Is this good for them to have all the time? The reason I ask is I have two clowns...
  12. G

Cannot raise Ph

Hi, im trying to raise my ph in a 25ltr container, I want to do my first water change. At the moment it is at 7.2 I have added Salifert KH PH buffer which was recomended by lfs. But it has only made a small differance. My tank is about 8.2. Am i doing something wrong? Thanks Graham
  13. G

Unknown in Red Sea 130D

Hi does anyone know what this is in the pic? Its about 1-2 inch long flatish top with hairs on outside? Thanks Graham
  14. G

Unknown life in red sea max

Hi, I have just put a pic under corals, its a long tube type about 1-2 inch long with flatish top and eyelash type around the edges. I have named it unknown, would you ming having a look and letting me know if you know what it is? I would post it here but donot know how to make pic...
  15. G

Green Xenia

Hi all, I was looking around yesterday and I saw some Green Xenia which looks really nice, looks like green grass with a purple base. Also there was a Turbinaria Reniformis which he said feeds on brine shrimp, one a week? The person I poke to didnt really know how to feed it or if it...
  16. G

little white things in my 130D

Hi all, I have just got back from camping in the Brecon Beacons, only to find little white things running around the glass the size of a pinhead there must be at least fifty of them. A couple of them are a little longer than the rest maybe a mm if that. Does anyone know what they are or...
  17. G

130D skimmer

Hi All, Can anyone help? I have had my tank running since Friday, with just live rock. I did have some micro bubbles but it went then last night I had a total white out, Three hours later I got it sorted buy filling the tank right up to the top line on the side and raising the cup spout...
  18. G

130D heater

Hi all, I picked up my 130D last Friday and at the moment Im just running it with live rock. I asked my LFS about the heater in it and my reply was that RedSea has changed to a different make of heater which should be better? Does any one know if this is correct? or should I just...
  19. G

Rsm 130

Hi all im Graham and from sunny south Wales, im going to purchace my first marine tank next week. Ive only ever had a tropical tank 400ltr but gave it up about 10 years ago. I do have one questin about the RSM 130, if i wanted to could i change the skimmer to a better one? if so does...