Search results

1. G

Cooton wool like growth on live rock

Thanks for your replys on the Sponge, anyone know how big it may gro?
  2. G

Re: Cotton wool like growth on live rock Hi all I have manage to get a pic of it at last, I have checked and I have three of them around the tank. Ant help guessing what they are would be great? Thanks Graham
  3. G

Hi all, I have this growing on the live rock for a while, it looks like cotton wool growth . Its about two inches wide buy three inches high. Im wondering if its a egg sack? I have noticed two new crabs wandering around but I am un able to catch them or take any pics, but they look...
  4. G

Tunze 9002 and intank media basket and cup for 9002

Not sump, does that include making a hole in the bottom of the tank? Sorry im not that upto date on it. Or would it just be a case of fitting the skimmer in a water tight box? Sorry for sounding Dumb lol. As for the Tunnze I live in Sunny Wales.
  5. G

Tunze 9002 and intank media basket and cup for 9002

Hi all, I have desided to take out my 9002 skimmer, I just couldnt get on with it. Its only 2 months old if that. I have gone back to the stock skimmer, can anyone recomend a external skimmer? mabe one I can fit in the cabinet? Also I want to change my salt, at the moment I use Tetra...
  6. G

water Quality Help (Nitrate)

Thanks for your reply, I will feed them every other day. I normaly feed them twice a day. I have the poly filter from Steve T the white and blue one. I have to clean it out every two days as it gets dirty and the flow is restricted causing loads of micro bubbles comming from my pump.
  7. G

I have got 7 fish the bigest being the clowns the rest are smaller, the purigen has only been in the tank about 2 weeks. my water quality levels have been fine till now. Would it be beacause I took out the ceramic tubes and black sponge removing the good bactiera which was on them?
  8. G

I thorght of that thanks I have tested it with 2 different makes salifert and API same results?
  9. G

Hi all, Can you help? Noticed my sand shifter star looked ill, he looked like he had been attacked. I do have a small crab I am trying to catch, about the size of a small finger nail but he likes to hide by my bubble anenome. I checked my water just in case and 0 Ammonia, Nitrite...
  10. G

Rsm Cod

Thanks for that, I was ondering about the green tube which fits ontop of the pump. I can get it to fit both ways, one way it is directly under the skimmer cup and the other way it fits into a hole to the side of the skimmer cup. I have done it so it fits into the hole. Thanks Graham
  11. G

Rsm Cod

I just remembered the 3rd question. I took the pump out of the 9002 but did not take notice of which way it goes back in? does the green tub go directly under the skimmer top or fit into the small hole on the other side? Sorry for the daft question. Thanks again Graham
  12. G

Rsm Cod

Thanks forthe reply's Three more questions. 1. Am I right in saying that you no longer use the black sponges? I thorght they helped with bacteria? 2. My tank is about four months old and the light fan has gone loud when it first comes on, I know they are not covered under warranty but...
  13. G

Rsm Cod

Hi all, I have just recieved my media chamber from Steve T and will be fitting it tonight with my Tunze 9002. I have seen somewhere that the ceramic tubes from the COD have been taken out? if so why and were they replaced with anything? If there are any hints or tips on fitting the...
  14. G

algie blene

If he did get bit I don't know by what? I did take the pick to my lfs and they said if he nicked it on something? It hasn't got anybetter, he has no other marks on him.
  15. G

algie blene

My Blene has got a white spot on his neck area, it just looks like a white spot. apart from that hes fine, I noticed it yesterday. Has anyone got any ideas on what it is or how it can be treated? Thanks Graham
  16. G

Tunze 9002 and ro di filter

Thankyou all for all your replys. I will have to speak nice to my wife for more pocket money to get the Steve T basket. Thanks again Graham.
  17. G

Thanks for your replys. Is it possable to run the 9002 skimmer without the media basket until I get it and keep the media set up like it is for now? Sorry if this is a daft question. Thanks Graham
  18. G

Hi, I am thinking of changing my stock skimmer for a 9002 and media basket. But was wondering if it is much better than the stock one in the 130d? Also I am thinking of getting a RO DI filter for around £100-150ish, but not sure which one to get? does anyone have any recomendations? Im...
  19. G

Algie?ea weed?

Hi all, I have this plant looking thing growing on one of my rocks I have let it grow as I didnt know what it is. But not its starting to grow on my other rocks and I dont know how to get rid of it. All my levels are ok, I do a 20% water change each week. The LFS sugested getting a...
  20. G

3 inch crab id please

Found this wandering tank. Free to good home. Thanks Graham