Search results

1. Myrten

New Longnose Hawkfish acting sickly

i tried this in the begginner forum and figure di would post it here to see if i got any hits... copied as follows : Bought a longnose hawkfish on sunday... took 4 hrs to drip acclimate hmio and he did well all that day and very well yesterday... ate well and everything.. today when i fed he...
  2. Myrten

My longnose Hawkfish acts sickly!

Bought a longnose hawkfish on sunday... took 4 hrs to drip acclimate hmio and he did well all that day and very well yesterday... ate well and everything.. today when i fed he would not eat... he will not leave his perch on his rock at all... tested my water and got following results PH 7.8...
  3. Myrten

Salinity question

looked around but was not finding what i wanted... i think i sucketh at searching maybe... but just calibrated and then tested with my refractometer and i am reading SG at 1.025.. might be 1.024 but looks closer to 1.025... how much water should i take otu and replace it with RO... still cycling...
  4. Myrten

Refractometer questions

just curious as i am a beginner.. is there anything i need to look for specifically ina refractometer?
  5. Myrten

Currently in the curing/maturing stage

Okay just a quick question about all this.. i am fascinated by this stuff basically... but i have a 30 gallon hex aquarium that has been cycling/maturing for 1 week now... live rock and sand is how i am starting btw.... the question i have is basically this. I have been reading on here...
  6. Myrten

Total newbie to the whole thing...

Hi, just wanted to pop in and say that... basically i had an old 30 gal. hex aquarium that was freshwater til pump died while i was gone and thus the fish since no one checked on it for em like they said they would... anyways while talkign to a friend he suggested i make it saltwater and told me...